yaboyteek

[URGENT HELP] Terrible FPS can't even play without lagg

Ok, so. I'm new to dayz and my friend got me into it. I have a way better computer than him but i laggg?...

I have:

8GB Ram (3.25gb usable)

QuadCore processer AMD it's about 3.6ghz

AMD Radeon HD 6450 (2GB)

I lagg constantly.. and i feel i've wasted money buying this.. please don't reply with stupid comments like.. "that's od" or "somethings not right" i'm in need of a solution, i've checked youtube, followed tutorials and such and i'm still laggy.. i even used the razer game booter and now i'm on 10fps -.-..

Mind telling us your exact CPU model? Quad core AMD doesn't say much.

Mind telling us your exact CPU model? Quad core AMD doesn't say much.

AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor.

It should work perfectly fine with it. I was just at 20 FPS for a while and now it's up and down. I can play any other game fine, it's just this. >.>

AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor.

It should work perfectly fine with it. I was just at 20 FPS for a while and now it's up and down. I can play any other game fine, it's just this. >.>

Low end AMD processors tend to be bad in this game, but you should be getting better. I'm not much help with these types of situations but I suggest you run MSI afterburner and use the on-screen display while you play to see how much of your CPU and GPU it is using, then tell us what happens. This also might be a case of the game using your integrated graphics instead of your dedicated card, but I'm not sure that even happens on desktop computers.

Low end AMD processors tend to be bad in this game, but you should be getting better. I'm not much help with these types of situations but I suggest you run MSI afterburner and use the on-screen display while you play to see how much of your CPU and GPU it is using, then tell us what happens. This also might be a case of the game using your integrated graphics instead of your dedicated card, but I'm not sure that even happens on desktop computers.

I'm using 65% CPU and 2.5gb ram while playing dayz, how do i check my graphics card?

I'm using 65% CPU and 2.5gb ram while playing dayz, how do i check my graphics card?

There should be an option for it to show your GPU usage in MSI afterburner. Tick "GPU Usage" in the on screen display section or something like that.

Edited by Plexico

There should be an option for it to show your GPU temperature in MSI afterburner. Tick "GPU Usage" in the on screen display section or something like that.

what should i do?

According to what I've heard about my own computer, it's the AMD processor that kills us.

Apparently this game isn't optimized at all for them.

I have a Geforce GTX 780 Video card and I still can't get over 10 frames per second in cities.

I have an almost similar setup except i have AMD RADEON 6700..

Look for your AMD catalyst control centre
if you can control your fan settings, check on them, mine put it to 40% on default which caused some heat. I put it to 50% then. turned on.."OpenGL triplebuffering"
(should be easy to find if you click around)

I also turned the shadow quality down in-game, each time the sun moves, the shadows move and it seems to be high maintenance.

I did all this 3 days ago and have had perfect performance since.Give it a go and let me know

if you can control your fan settings, check on them, mine put it to 40% on default which caused some heat. I put it to 50% then. turned on.."OpenGL triplebuffering"

I also turned the shadow quality down in-game, each time the sun moves, the shadows move and it seems to be high maintenance.

I did all this 3 days ago and have had perfect performance since.Give it a go and let me know

I'll see if i can see the cpu and shit. I'll check it out, thanks for the reply. I'll keep you updated.

i tried it, i'm still 12 fps.. my cpu is fine.. what is causing this?

That site only tells you the requirements needed to actually run the game as a programme.

It's equivalent to saying my 1.6 litre diesel Honda can run Brands Hatch motor racing circuit. Obviously, I could drive my car around the circuit, but it's not going to be quick or much fun...

That site only tells you the requirements needed to actually run the game as a programme.

It's equivalent to saying my 1.6 litre diesel Honda can run Brands Hatch motor racing circuit. Obviously, I could drive my car around the circuit, but it's not going to be quick or much fun...

Yeah that's indeed the case with that site. It is absolutely no garantee that it will be an enjoyable experience when you meet the recommended requierments.

The same goes with the system requierments on Steam btw. It always seems to me like a shot in the dark. Luckly I gave my system a upgrade an few days ago, so I should be alright for a while. :)

Edited by Grumpy Monkey

Yeah, I only recently found that site so you'll know more about it than I do.

Do you have this, teeeeek? 
http://www.amd.com/en-gb/innovations/software-technologies/catalyst
It gives you more control over your settings, here you control your fan speeds, graphic app settings and you can overclock etc You don't need a power-house graphic card, you can tune the settings for the game, balance qaulity and FPS for the optimal experience. 

Dwm2014-08-2418-58-06-17.png

Edited by DaveZ

Yeah, I only recently found that site so you'll know more about it than I do.

Do you have this, teeeeek? 

http://www.amd.com/en-gb/innovations/software-technologies/catalyst

It gives you more control over your settings, here you control your fan speeds, graphic app settings and you can overclock etc You don't need a power-house graphic card, you can tune the settings for the game, balance qaulity and FPS for the optimal experience. 

Dwm2014-08-2418-58-06-17.png

I have evrything but fan speed. I've tried this and still not working, any other suggestions?

Ok two things.

One: This is still an alpha so that means that optimizing of the engine isn't great yet.

Two: That GPU you have is a bit dated. I realy doubt it will be powerful enough.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but to be blunt it is the truth.

Ok two things.

One: This is still an alpha so that means that optimizing of the engine isn't great yet.

Two: That GPU you have is a bit dated. I realy doubt it will be powerful enough.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but to be blunt it is the truth.

blame what truth? lol

I will give you the holy grail of fixing your fps and make the game play wonderfully. 

My source? I'm playing on my ultrabook Intel i5 processor with an integrated intel hd 4000 graphics card. LOL

All you have to do is go to this website and use it as a base line. Then modify the settings to your specific computer through trial and error. Good luck!

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-performance-guide-crash-fix/

Edited by Kronons

I will give you the holy grail of fixing your fps and make the game play wonderfully. 

My source? I'm playing on my ultrabook Intel i5 processor with an integrated intel hd 4000 graphics card. LOL

All you have to do is go to this website and use it as a base line. Then modify the settings to your specific computer through trial and error. Good luck!

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-performance-guide-crash-fix/

did nothing for me. I don't get why arma 2/dayz laggs me so bad.. it's stupid, i refuse to pay for another computer or graphics card when i know well that the game is the issue. Is there any other solutions that you recommend for me? before i uninstall this?

Not sure why your having issues. Most likely it's the game as it's still in Alpha. But one other thing you can try is using sweetfx. Use it as a separate render. Also what's your setting in-game. Did you try to disable all anti-aliasing? And set all settings on low?

Not sure why your having issues. Most likely it's the game as it's still in Alpha. But one other thing you can try is using sweetfx. Use it as a separate render. Also what's your setting in-game. Did you try to disable all anti-aliasing? And set all settings on low?

Of course i do. I now quit dayz and just play arma 2. Today for the last 3hrs i got 20 fps which so far isn't bad.. but why am i still lagging?... -.-