mclovinmarshall

New Inventory Items and Objects

There is a limited inventory system when it comest to what ur character is wearing at this point in the game. Items such as Belts, Shoulder Bags, Hip Pouches, etc. should be a prevalent idea. I know we have all thought about it, so lets discuss it, here are my ideas.

-Sling: Can allow a character to carry a long gun on there back diagonaly, allowing for a second long gun to be carried (Note, if this is added, plz take away the ability for a person to take a gun into thier hands if they have one in their normal spot on their back)

Back Packs:

-Ruck Sack. This is very comparable to the Hunter Backpack, but it could come in Grey, Green, Olive, and Black. Would have 1 more row of slots than the Hunter Backpack. It will spawn where the Hunter Backpack now spawns.

- Travel Backpack: this would be a civilian, medium backpack. It will be one colume longer than the Taloon Pack, but will come in similar colors. Spawns in the same spots as the Taloon back pack spawns

-Other changes to back packs that i would like is to see that the Hunter Pack would spawn in Hunting Stands, and very very sparingly in Hi grade residential areas.  And i would like the Mountain backs to spawn Extremly rarely, and in civilian areas, seeing as i would doubt that Military personel would use those colorful backpacks.

Belts:

- Leather Belt: spawns frecuently in civilian areas, and is used as a placeholder and for style, can come in Black, Dark Tan, and Brown.  Can also be used to be turned into a sling for a long gun, or in the place as rope for imprvised backpacks, like the lether, courier, etc.

-Cloth Belts: Spawns in the same places that Leather belts can spawn, and are used in the same way. Can come in a variety of colors.

-Police Belts: Spawns in Police stations and police cars. Has and attached Holster for a handgun, as well as a 2x2 inventory.

- Tool Belt: Used to only hold tools, such as hammer, screw driver, plyers, and all other small tools. Spawns at residential and Industrial areas. Comes in Tan, Black, Brown, and Grey. Holds 2x3

-Military Belt (w/ Molle) can take 4 pouches, (front right, front left, back right, back left) but has no inventory other wise. Comes in Woodland camo, multicam, Olive Green, Tan, Black, grey, and Brown. Spawns at military locations

Vests:

-Molle Plate Carrier: Can fit 9 Pouches (top right, right, bottom right, top, middle, bottom, top left, left, bottom left) and 1 hydration bladder pouch. Would come in Woodland, Multicam, brown, black, tan, olive green, and grey. Spawns at military locations.

Molle Pouches: All spawn in military areas unless other wise specified.

- Standard pouches, come in different sizes, but all take up 1 standard MOLLE Slot. Small: adds 1 row of inventory (4 slots), Medium: adds 2 rows, Large: adds 3 rows. Comes in Military Colors (see in plate carrier, description)

-Holster: adds a slot for a Handgun only. Comes in Military colors, takes up 1 slot

- AK Magazine Pouch: Holds AK Style Magazines (AK 101, and AKM) , holds 3 standard mags. Comes in Military colors. Takes up 1 slot.

- AK Drum Mag pouch: takes up 1 slot, holds one ak style drum mag.

-M4 magazine pouch: Holds Magpul style M4 mags, Stanag Mags, and dual Mags. Takes up one slot, holds 3 mags, and can be in military colors. Only spawns at Heli crashes.

-Pistol mag pouch: Holds 3 Pistol mags (not revolver speedloader) takes up 1 slot, and comes in Military colors.

-Hydration bladder: holds the equivelent amount of water to take a person from null water (not hydrated, but not thisty) to Light Green hydrated 3 times. Can drink using scroll wheel. Comes in military colors (pouch).  Pouch fits one bladder that is found seperate.

Please comment, and when u do, plz add a suggestion.

I like some of your ideas. But for some I'm half and half on. I prefer Dayz to be less militarize and more civilian. More focus on the civilian clothing like you stated such as belts, fanny packs, necklaces, etc...As for military items they should be at bases where there is a heap load of army zombies making it harder to get military items. My 2 cents.   

Also I really like your idea on the belts. I'm sure they'll have it in the future.

Edited by Kronons

I like some of your ideas. But for some I'm half and half on. I prefer Dayz to be less militarize and more civilian. More focus on the civilian clothing like you stated such as belts, fanny packs, necklaces, etc...As for military items they should be at bases where there is a heap load of army zombies making it harder to get military items. My 2 cents.

Also I really like your idea on the belts. I'm sure they'll have it in the future.

Then wouldn't the obvious solution be to just make military gear rarer, instead of just not including it?

Then wouldn't the obvious solution be to just make military gear rarer, instead of just not including it?

Where in my post did I say to get rid of military gear? Lol I just said I prefer there be more civilian gear than military. I also stated that it should be hard to get military gear. I.e. rarer or harder to get via army zombies like I stated. 

Where in my post did I say to get rid of military gear? Lol I just said I prefer there be more civilian gear than military. I also stated that it should be hard to get military gear. I.e. rarer or harder to get via army zombies like I stated. 

Usually when people say "I'd prefer the focus to be on civilians" they're implying a stern "No."

It's my general response to it at this point, you get used to it.

Usually when people say "I'd prefer the focus to be on civilians" they're implying a stern "No."

It's my general response to it at this point, you get used to it.

All I can say is read and understand the context. And see it for what it is and not what you assume it is. Dayz is supposed to be a survival game. I prefer to not have it turn into lets say call of duty. 

All I can say is read and understand the context. And see it for what it is and not what you assume it is. Dayz is supposed to be a survival game. I prefer to not have it turn into lets say call of duty. 

And adding more military stuff isn't going to make it any more of a "general first person shooter". Call of Duty would be exactly the same if they did it in a civilian setting, the only major difference would be... the civilian setting.

It's the gameplay that really counts, not just the content.

And adding more military stuff isn't going to make it any more of a "general first person shooter". Call of Duty would be exactly the same if they did it in a civilian setting, the only major difference would be... the civilian setting.

It's the gameplay that really counts, not just the content.

I'm going to stop here. It seems like you don't read my posts clear enough or something. I wasn't talking about settings or adding or taking things out. All I was saying was I prefer the game to have more improvised items, civilian items instead of guns, guns, guns. Like maybe a bat with a nail in it, or a 2x4, etc...What I said about Call of Duty was just a figure of speech. And I don't know why you even went into gameplay and I don't want to know...Anyways you assume to much so it's my last reply to you...

Edited by Kronons

I'm going to stop here. It seems like you don't read my posts clear enough or something. I wasn't talking about settings or adding or taking things out. All I was saying was I prefer the game to have more improvised items, civilian items instead of guns, guns, guns. Like maybe a bat with a nail in it, or a 2x4, etc...What I said about Call of Duty was just a figure of speech. And I don't know why you even went into gameplay and I don't want to know...Anyways you assume to much so it's my last reply to you...

Using figures of speech through text is fairly inefficient, because emotion is much harder to detect, so I apologize that you keep forcing me to assume various things.

What I'm saying is that there isn't anything wrong with more guns, guns, guns, or improvised items. I went into gameplay because a common sentiment here is to compare new features to other first person shooters and claiming that utilizing similarities is a bad thing, including adding weapons that aren't strictly civilian in nature.

You may be different, but when you reference things like you do, you're automatically shoved in with a quarter of the rest of the forums, who believe that adding anything that, as I've said before, isn't civilian, is bad.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

you're automatically shoved in with a Cheap FIFA 15 Coins quarter of the rest of the forums, who believe that adding anything that, as I've said before, isn't civilian, is bad.