Sign in to follow this  
nathanielflury@gmail.com

"Hey are you a friendly?"

Dark and raining, we couldn't see. We needed food, drinks, morphine, and blood packs. All of a sudden the rain stopped. The sun glistened through the tree's. It was bliss. We chopped down a tree, not even bigger than 8ft. We then sat next to the warm and relaxing fire to cook chunks of meat we gutted earlier from a stray cow. As he was cooking I noticed something close by. It got closer and closer. I pulled out my trusty M1014 and got ready for some bad company. It looked like he had an AK47 or a Makarov, hell, I couldn't tell. I saw him on the road. Just walking by. I swiftly moved behind a tree and then moved behind a bush. Not even 5 seconds later I heard "Hey are you a friendly?". Time stood still as we both had are guns drawn at each other, waiting for one to make a move. But I couldn't take the chance, I've seen too many good men die for letting their guards down. I instantly shot 2 rounds into his chest. He laid there silent. Dead. I told my friend to come over and help me take what was needed. To my astonishment we found three blood bags, four bandages, morphine, and an assortment of various ammunition. I looked once, twice, three times for that damn AK47. Unfortunately I only found a hatchet which was garbage to me. In the end of this whole intervention, if you care to call it that, it was a great deal to our survival. It saved a trip going into a damned city full of other bandits like us. We got some soda we needed. And last but not least, it got me one more score on the murder chart.

Kill or be killed. You chose.

(I tried to make this look as if it happened in real life because I saw a lot of other threads like this so sorry if it sounds cheesey)

That was a really good read, just like you, I am a bandit, I was once a survivor until I adapted to the saying "Kill or be killed" it made lots of sense to me, I wasn't going to be killed, or at least shot in the back, I decided if I was going to be killed, I was going to strike first or go down fighting.

Said "We're friendly" 3 times today and each time got a positive response. We all walked away from each encounter.

Said "We're friendly" 3 times today and each time got a positive response. We all walked away from each encounter.

Only twice I came across people that responded as friendly and I didn't take a bullet at the back of the head.

Once a guy was friendly for 20 minutes. We were having a talk via mic e.t.c. and when I did the mistake to say I only had 5k blood due to a horde encounter, he shot me while he was supposedly using a blood pack on me.

Only twice I came across people that responded as friendly and I didn't take a bullet at the back of the head.

Once a guy was friendly for 20 minutes. We were having a talk via mic e.t.c. and when I did the mistake to say I only had 5k blood due to a horde encounter' date=' he shot me while he was supposedly using a blood pack on me.

[/quote']

Heh, helps when you've got 4 other buddies with you :P

Yep, that's the law of the land in this little virtual wonderland, it took three hostile encounters before I said "F*** it, if I don't know them, then they're hostile." Every single time I had something worth keeping, I spot a stranger, see a muzzle flash and read the common "YOU ARE DEAD" screen, M16A2 M203, DMR, and assorted survival gear for killing you before you kill me? Don't mind if I do.

Good read though man, thanks for posting.

This reminds of a story -

I was sprinting from zombies near Balota basecamp.

I was rushing in, when I saw this player with MP5SD6 who was looking at me - I was unarmed. We both agreed friendly over mic, and I rushed over to his side so that he wouldn't shoot me on accident when taking out the zombies chasing me. In the confusion of gunfire, I looted a M1911 from his backpack, shot him in the face and killed the zombies closing in on me. While looting him, I got killed by who were apparently his partner in one of the towers... Damn! :(

This reminds of a story -

I was sprinting from zombies near Balota basecamp.

I was rushing in' date=' when I saw this player with MP5SD6 who was looking at me - I was unarmed. We both agreed friendly over mic, and I rushed over to his side so that he wouldn't shoot me on accident when taking out the zombies chasing me. In the confusion of gunfire, I looted a M1911 from his backpack, shot him in the face and killed the zombies closing in on me. While looting him, I got killed by who were apparently his partner in one of the towers... Damn! :(

[/quote']

"In the confusion of gunfire, I looted a M1911 from his backpack, shot him in the face and killed the zombies closing in on me"

Yea, ^^ that doesn't sound suspect at all :P This is the bandit forum, you don't need to lie or make excuses about your betrayal. We've all been there, prolly all done that. I just fail to see how you could have "accidently" looted his backpack.