Sign in to follow this  
sotos

"DayZ has stopped working" message

I m starting a new topic because so far I haven't been able to find out if my problem is common. I am new and the problem has been occuring since the day I bought tha game, that is 2 days ago. I have tried all the solutions suggested to reduce lags and crashes with no luck. I run windows 7 32 on an i5 2500k + 770 gtx. I am able to play other games like bf3, tomb raider on maxed settings. I would appreciate it if someone could suggest any solutions to this really annoying problem. It usually occurs after 10 mins.

Me too i get this kinda error from event viewer

Faulting application name: DayZ.exe, version: 0.48.124.737, time stamp: 0x53ea1406
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x8a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfbc9ac5a0c0a5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 9e8b3837-2890-11e4-a855-b482fe9af33b

PLZ HELP :(

I m starting a new topic because so far I haven't been able to find out if my problem is common. I am new and the problem has been occuring since the day I bought tha game, that is 2 days ago. I have tried all the solutions suggested to reduce lags and crashes with no luck. I run windows 7 32 on an i5 2500k + 770 gtx. I am able to play other games like bf3, tomb raider on maxed settings. I would appreciate it if someone could suggest any solutions to this really annoying problem. It usually occurs after 10 mins.

Have you tried re-installing Dayz? Also make sure you have the latest drivers. Have you also tried lowering the settings and sees if it reduces the lag and crashes? Dayz is diffrent from bf3 and tomb raider. It's an unfinished game with unfinished rendering and such which causes the game to not be optimized. If you are having FPS issues you can go to the link below. And it should help you get better gameplay/fps. It has for me. :)

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-performance-guide-crash-fix/

Me too i get this kinda error from event viewer

Faulting application name: DayZ.exe, version: 0.48.124.737, time stamp: 0x53ea1406
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x8a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfbc9ac5a0c0a5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 9e8b3837-2890-11e4-a855-b482fe9af33b

PLZ HELP :(

I would suggest re-installing also. It seems like windows isn't able to verify information about the dayz application or has an issue accessing dayz info. 

Here is a couple of links with similar issues. I would advise googling before posting btw. :P

http://forums.civfanatics.com/archive/index.php/t-440950.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526010/windows-has-recovered/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f59/bf3-isnt-working-and-is-stupid-623965.html

So in conclusion it could be:

- The game itself - not likely

- Outdated drivers - probably

- Cracked version - maybe

- Using hacks - maybe

- Hard Drive Issues - probably

First of all I would re-install the game and make sure all your drivers are up to date and don't have any issues. If you are hacking, trying a crack version, or to modify it in anyway then we can't help you. If not then do what I stated above and see if it helps. Good luck.

Edited by Kronons

Hi there and thx for posting. First of all, I ve tried EVERYTHING mentioned. I ve also googled it and tried to lower the settings as well. The problem remains even with the lowest possible settings. I hate hacks and cracked servers as well. To be honest, i haven't checked my hard disk drive yet and maybe I will. :)

Sorry guys that's all I could think of. Keep searching around and see if you can find a solution. I know everyone says this, but do keep in mind it is Alpha and there could be some issues. What I would do is try to get as much info as you can like error messages, windows event viewer, how to reproduce, etc...Then from there report in on the dev hub, because the mods, admins, and developers look on there and fixes the issues. Good luck.

Edited by Kronons