deathwizard77@gmail.com

Anyway to have multiple accounts?

If you won't let me connect with my second PAID LEGAL STEAM COPY tied to its own separate Steam account, then give me my money back. And quit threatening to "degrade" my illegal copy, because it is NOT AN ILLEGAL COPY.

Making another profile doesn't work eh?

I have 2 profiles but I never checked to see if it separates your characters at all.

My guess it doesn't since this thread exists :p

Making another profile doesn't work eh?

I have 2 profiles but I never checked to see if it separates your characters at all.

My guess it doesn't since this thread exists :p

No, switching player profiles in the main menu doesnt do anything but change the appearance or name of the character you currently have. In other words, switching profiles doesn't create another character, it simply modifies the existing one.

I would really like to know how to create a new, separate account for my brother. But I don't want to mess it up xD

If you won't let me connect with my second PAID LEGAL STEAM COPY tied to its own separate Steam account' date=' then give me my money back. And quit threatening to "degrade" my illegal copy, because it is NOT AN ILLEGAL COPY.

[/quote']

I'm using two OA copies (you only need two of them.. not the whole Arma2) on two steam accounts on the same PC. I switch between the accounts in steam, and it automagically writes the respective key to the registry, so when i log in Arma2/DayZ i can play with a different (separate) character.

- You already have Arma2 CO (Arma2+OA);

- You created a profile for Dayz and you're playing with it;

Then:

- Create a new steam account;

- Buy OA (OA only) on it;

- You don't need to install it again (you already have it);

- Launch Arma2/Dayz again and create a new profile (this step is not required; but then you can differentiate the characters);

- Now you gonna spawn again with a fresh caracter;

When you want to swicth between the two, just login with the steam account you want (don't forget to LOGOUT from the previous one when switching) and then launch Arma2 (execute it from steam, or just quit steam after have switched to the right account and use your launcher);

We all know some of you want to exploit!

Get both chars to the same place to camp. You get killed then you log in with other char and kill the guy that killed you.

NO FCUKING WAY!!!

We all know some of you want to exploit!

Get both chars to the same place to camp. You get killed then you log in with other char and kill the guy that killed you.

NO FCUKING WAY!!!

That's not the main problem.. because it forces you to camp in a certain place (it is boring), the main problem is using multiple accounts as offline repositories, like tents that cannot be looted, to secure your loot.

So if you die you just collect the stuff from the repository accounts.

If you won't let me connect with my second PAID LEGAL STEAM COPY tied to its own separate Steam account' date=' then give me my money back. And quit threatening to "degrade" my illegal copy, because it is NOT AN ILLEGAL COPY.

[/quote']

I'm using two OA copies (you only need two of them.. not the whole Arma2) on two steam accounts on the same PC. I switch between the accounts in steam, and it automagically writes the respective key to the registry, so when i log in Arma2/DayZ i can play with a different (separate) character.

- You already have Arma2 CO (Arma2+OA);

- You created a profile for Dayz and you're playing with it;

Then:

- Create a new steam account;

- Buy OA (OA only) on it;

- You don't need to install it again (you already have it);

- Launch Arma2/Dayz again and create a new profile (this step is not required; but then you can differentiate the characters);

- Now you gonna spawn again with a fresh caracter;

When you want to swicth between the two, just login with the steam account you want (don't forget to LOGOUT from the previous one when switching) and then launch Arma2 (execute it from steam, or just quit steam after have switched to the right account and use your launcher);

Thank you so much, man. You saved me alot of trouble.

You have my support. I to was looking one character for playing by myself and another for play with my friends, when they are on.

That's what i do.. when i want to troll around or when there's trouble because of servers problems, patch bugged or such... i use my "rambo" account; when i want to play "serious" (with team mates and such) i use my "primary" account.

When you want to swicth between the two' date=' just login with the steam account you want (don't forget to LOGOUT from the previous one when switching) and then launch Arma2 (execute it from steam, or just quit steam after have switched to the right account and use your launcher);

[/quote']

So, if I just switch to the other account and then use SixLauncher, will that work?

So' date=' if I just switch to the other account and then use SixLauncher, will that work?

[/quote']

Yes, but first launch OA from within Steam one time, so it changes the key to your windows registry.

So' date=' if I just switch to the other account and then use SixLauncher, will that work?

[/quote']

Yes, but first launch OA from within Steam one time, so it changes the key to your windows registry.

Alright, so just to confirm, when I buy OA on the second account, I won't have to install it, since it is already installed from the first account. So then I just launch it from the second account and can begin playing?

To have a second character you need a second GUID.

To get a second GUID you need to buy another copy of ARMA II CO. That is how it is, end of story.

Alright' date=' so just to confirm, when I buy OA on the second account, I won't have to install it, since it is already installed from the first account. So then I just launch it from the second account and can begin playing?

[/quote']

Exact, it's what i do myself.

To have a second character you need a second GUID.

To get a second GUID you need to buy another copy of ARMA II CO. That is how it is' date=' end of story.

[/quote']

Wrong: you only need another copy of Operation Arrowhead expansion (not the whole package).

Hey guys. Lotta useful info here. I made the mistake of buying arma 2 co with the PCM dlc for my brother so when can both have two characters seeing as how it only let's you make one per copy and we only have on computer we share. Now I have an ass load of error messages popping up every time I try to play on his account. It won't let me join a sever. Seems that they always have to do with the pmc dlc. If I uninstall the game will I lose my characters gear and such? Or does anyone know of a way around this. I mean if worse comes to worse ill just re install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is frustrating. Thanks in advance.