deathwizard77@gmail.com

Anyway to have multiple accounts?

Sorry if this is in wrong section or other threads on this. I did search some but really hard to see what to search for.

My issue is this. I have a friend that I do want to play with but has allot less time to play than I. We want to play together and be able to leave join in similar situation (obviously after we meet up originally). I however would also like to play on my own some and not have to go back to where we were every time. I do not want to have better loot etc. because I play more.

I can see where this might be an issue with people hording gear etc. but with spawns not sure if that would be an issue. Mainly is this possible now? If not would others like this option?

Are you asking how to change your ARMA2 CD key/player ID? I don't know how to change ID. I think some people on the forums were talking about registry modifications (search around).

If you're asking about running both accounts simultaneously on multiple computers, I don't know if Rocket allows that. I personally want to buy a second copy of ARMA2:CO and use account 2 for various purposes, but I'm not doing it without Rocket's blessing.

A second character will have many disadvantages. Thirst and hunger continue to go into the red, regardless of whether or not they are actually logged in. It's nearly impossible to perfectly control both characters at once, which means one of them would have to be stationary (and therefore, a target). Your attention will be divided, which is lethal in this game.

No what I am asking is I want a second account. Like take most games say Diablo 3 for instance. I can have 1 character completely apart from another. So like I want to login as X play and I will have my new pack with my Lee and a markov with my friend in his town. When I am playing alone I want to login in completely different and have my AK and be somewhere else. I would not even mind if different servers but atm all servers treat you alike os it is hard. I do not see why to have 2 different save files I use completely seperate i should have to pay an extra 30 dollars for a 2nd game. Diable 3 i can have more than 1 charachter, WoW I can list go's on.

On that note' date=' I'm not clear on whether or not it is allowed for someone to buy a second copy of ARMA2:CO and use it as a cargo-storage character and/or reconnaissance unit. I am interested in running two characters simultaneously for this purpose.

K

[/quote']

This is what I don't want and understand why they would want to stop. I do not want my 2 characters to have any contact because in my opinion that would somewhat be cheating. Like they shouldn't let my 2 characters to be logged in at the same time ever. This way it can't be a mule or extra gear for you. At the moment say I play for 5 hours end up at NW airfield. My friend decides he wants to play and is at Elektro. Now I have to spend 1 hour to meet with him just running unsafely through he entire map so that I can play a multi player game with my friend? It is like I either have to do that or only play with him and not enjoy it on my own also.

But this isn't Diablo 3 or WoW, this is Day Z. You get one life on one account. Live to the max!!

Techniques, this is not "paying $30 to have extra lives." The "extra lives" are separate lives. It's not like Escher77 is asking to be able to pay $30 to keep his stuff after death. Those "other lives" would have their own equipment, location, health, etc. They all have to be played with many hours in order to get that equipment, and they're just as vulnerable as anybody else.

Escher77, I understand it this way: You are saying you want to have multiple accounts so that you can place them in strategic areas around Chernarus, so that you can save time getting to where your friends are when they log in. That is a great idea, and I support your request.

Hopefully we can get an official response from the devs on this - on both of our ideas.

But this isn't Diablo 3 or WoW' date=' this is Day Z. You get one life on one account. Live to the max!!

[/quote']

That thought process is I get to play alone or with friends not both which I don't really agree with.

Hi Escher77, check my latest edits - it looks like we aren't keeping up with each other's edits =) Sorry, I think we're synchronized now. I support your idea of having multiple characters (one online at once) so you can switch to characters in different places to reach your friends faster.

I'm in two minds about this.

Basically you just want one character to play as lone wolf and one character to play with when your friend is online. I'm in the same boat. I used to play lone wolf but then convinced my friend to purchase Arma and now we play together pretty frequently. However right now I'd love to play but he isn't online so I either risk losing my character which I pretty much built up with my mate or just not play.

However the fact we're only allowed one character kinda adds to the tension and multiple characters could easily be exploited (e.g. use a fresh character to make trips to the NW airfield then place loot into a tent which your main character can take without risk). I don't think we'll ever see this implemented.

Well I was talking about multiple characters using a single CD key. I guess you're asking if purchasing another copy of AO to get another character is against the rules. Sorry but I don't know. I highly doubt it is though. I'm not sure rocket could even differentiate between two people using the same machine and one person with two CD keys.

No I don't' want to pay again but would consider if that's an option. I would much prefer to not have too though.

Not sure how to do this without stopping exploits easily. Only way I could think would have like 2-3 different sets of servers. So Dallas has like 30 servers 10 of them be A. 10 be B. 1 be C. and have them be like completely different character entities. So if you logged onto any A server you were X but on B servers you could be something else. However this would be allot of back end work and DB management.

Are you asking how to change your ARMA2 CD key/player ID? I don't know how to change ID. I think some people on the forums were talking about registry modifications (search around).

If you're asking about running both accounts simultaneously on multiple computers' date=' I don't know if Rocket allows that. I personally want to buy a second copy of ARMA2:CO and use account 2 for various purposes, but I'm not doing it without Rocket's blessing.

A second character will have many disadvantages. Thirst and hunger continue to go into the red, regardless of whether or not they are actually logged in. It's nearly impossible to perfectly control both characters at once, which means one of them would have to be stationary (and therefore, a target). Your attention will be divided, which is lethal in this game.

[/quote']

indeed there are cd key changers but I have no use for it

Its a shame that I'm faced with the exact same situation.

I sort of have a solution to this and the server hopping that ties in well with Rocket's upcoming Server-Side logging detection.

My proposal is to choose 3 servers that you would like to play on with a certain character. These will be your main servers and you can swap between them inexploitedly within a certain time frame.

With another character option...you would then be able to choose 3 SEPARATE servers from the primary character.

Now, with this said, items would still be able to be transferred to other players who choose theirs and so on. Which is fine...just delays the process and slows the whole thing down pretty much making it redundant.

Clans would be encouraged to join their own servers so that you wouldn't have 10/50 available slots taken by them.

Feedback? Constructive criticism welcome :)

I change my key by changing the steam account (multiple): basically i bought a copy of AO (only OA without Arma2) on each.

I doubt there will be a free way to create multiple accounts, because you could easily exploit it: you may create a offline archive with repository (non-playing) accounts.. they would be like "tents" .. but offline.

I was kind of wondering this too. My boyfriend and I both play on HIS computer. At first I had to be a male because he chose a male, so that sucked.

Now, lets say I play for a few house and I get good stuff. Then he wants to play, he gets to continue with the stuff that I worked for and not start on his own. It would be nice to AT LEAST be able to have two separate players.

So, if I buy another copy of Arma2:CO will it activate another account, even on the same machine? I want to be able to play with friends when they are online but, I would like to be able to play solo, on a separate character when they aren't around.

Thanks!

multiple characters could easily be exploited (e.g. use a fresh character to make trips to the NW airfield then place loot into a tent which your main character can take without risk). I don't think we'll ever see this implemented.

I'd love to see this feature for the exact same reasons however, this post above perfectly sums up why it will likely never happen.

oki i have bin thinken abour this too. i have multiple set of frinds i want ot play with.

and a way to make this happen without froud is maby make it so thad everything character A tutch character B cant see and the other way around

and another thing is thad rocket sayd in a interveaw thad its now in alpha thad we need to make all the mestakes not later... so maby we shuld have a patch thad alows us to create multiple characters. just to see if its a good ider or not

PS: sorry for the horable english

u only need to buy another OA if you want another account' date=' there's no need to buy Arma2 again.

[/quote']

What? Is that if you want to use the free version? Or will it be the same as if I bought CO