T1ND3R

Bored bandit death

Just gunned down by a group of "bandits" on us126. Not complaining though. I was the one hunting them down solo.

I heard gunshots in the town outside the NE airfield and I immediately investigated. Found 3 survivors fighting off a group of zombies before they ran into the convenient store for cover. I was about 200m away, spying on the entrance with my binoculars. I moved around to a better spot, but they all came barreling out before I reached the position. I took a few shots at one of them then ran for the woods, hoping they would follow. They didn't.

I moved parallel to their last known position and I quickly caught up with them (Only saw 2 of them for the rest of the encounter), keeping about 200m in distance with them, but still parallel. We made it to the treeline at the same time. I noticed that they never ran through to the field on the other side, so I watched the treeline. I spotted a prone player in a ghillie suit 83m from my position and aiming out into the field we had just entered from. They still didn't know where I was at.

I took a few shots at him with my AK, but I'm unsure if I ever hit my mark. Too much brush in the way to be sure. We traded bullets for a good minute before he put me down. I was bested by "The Beast"

Not sad about the death. I hadn't seen any action for a couple of days, and that was 10km outside of Electro when I was shot at by some random survivor and I had to run for it. And I haven't killed since the "Bean Wars" in electro when I bludgeoned an unconscious survivor to death for the shotgun in his hands.

And without a group that I can play with and trust, I would't have lasted much longer anyways.

But that was my first attempt to take out a group while solo. Not bad, imo.

Last time I tried taking down a group was when I was raiding stary with a friend, he had a shotgun and need a proper weapon.

I watched them for about 5 minutes from the trees, lying down, with my comrade just a bit behind, a perfect distraction, I had a silenced M4 and a Ghillie, if they ever found out where the shots were coming from they'd aim at him first.

3 survivors looting tents together, I wait until they all get out in the open behind a tent and engage them, I put a few bursts into them and they're down, they didn't even have time to react, I was impressed myself, my comrade then starts warning me over TS there is an other survivor running up to the tree line, I can't see him no matter how hard I look, a curse of mine, awful at spotting players at the most crucial of times, after a few seconds I hear a loud bang and a satisfied ''Got him'' from my comrade, a bucket of pellets from his Remington and the survivor was down.

Best time I can give you is to know your advantages and disadvantages, in the first skirmish you were out in the open and they were near cover, they also had the number advantage of course, if you had engaged them from the side for example and waited for them to just waltz out into the open you might have been able to kill them, but perhaps you were trying to do just that, but of course some groups are unpredictable and they might just do something you weren't expecting.

I was too far away in my original position to take any accurate shots with my AK. I had to zoom just to see them.

But I should have circled around them when we were in the tree line. I should have found cover behind a tree and lit them up from there.

You live, you die, you learn.