Sign in to follow this  
octarine

Zombies should be silent.

I was watching a mod where the zombies where totally silent and I think they are much scarier that way. It keeps you neck swiveling and you have to be more carful looting.

I also think that being loud makes them more human and alive.

Oh...I see.

The noises scare you. ^_^

Just kidding, silent would be far worse. And I really don't want it that way.

I also think that being loud makes them more human and alive.

Well, as has been said 18,053 times before, they aren't undead.

The DEVs already stated:

The biggest threat in DayZ should be the other players (and survival overall).

Sure, Zeds pose a threat here and there with quickly respawning and being in groups of 4 and more.

But player-interaction is and will (hopefully) be the main "thing" in DayZ, which causes tension, etc.

But TBH, silent Zeds would make this game much harder/"scarier", but all in all, DayZ SA isn't an apocalyptic horror-survival-game.

If you want a more horror-survival, there's the game "forest".

If you want more player<=>player-interaction, PvP and survival(with Zeds), play DayZ :P

Edited by irishroy

SIlent zombies is the only thing that might actually be worse than the current unable to attack bug.

This is straying a fair ways away but in the Misery mod for Stalker they added in a couple enemies like the mutated cat.

It's maybe a little smaller than a leopard but it's very unique in that unlike everything else that wants to kill you they are completely silent.

When you have a snork or a bloodsucker yelling and roaring and panting as they're after you, it's absolutely terrifying to have no idea this fucking cat is running at you from behind you claw you in half.

That said silent zombies wouldn't fit this game.