Rheavus0816

Super lag spikes

I will be playing normally, and all of a sudden, my computer lags HORRIBLY. My graphics card is VERY powerful. 3 gb of video ram and 5 gb of ram period. This is how I know it's not my computer. It didn't start happening until the update came, and when the spike does hit, my computers fan starts to rev up like crazy. This is detouring me from playing this game anymore and I highly suggest that you fix the problem before a lot of other people do so as well. My whole team has been talking about quitting as they are having the same exact problem.

when posting about hardware related problems you should include your hardware. Note: telling us how much RAM you have is not helping.

It's not a hardware problem.. which is why I didn't include my hardware.. -___- However, my graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 5700.

I'm having this same issues.

Phenom X4 3.1ghz

4gigs o' ram

ATi Radeon HD 5770 1g VRam

The game was running perfectly fine on max settings until this latest update, even with almost everything turned down I still get these super annoying hiccups. It's like something is loading from the HD every 30s to a minute.

See.. that's exactly the same problem I am having. One of my friends play in the same house that I do, with one of the worst computers ever, and it only gives him graphic lag. Not the same lag I am getting, which is why I KNOW it's not my specs. He says periodically, it will lag for him like that, but not as horribly as mine does. I REALLY wish that the devs would do something about those performance issues.

I can confirm this as well and i know this is not hardware issue.

This problem is very bad if not game breaking. this can be worse especially in the middle of a chase or firefight. please fix this. p.s noticing this has been AFTER the recent update with all the lag spikes.:s:@:@:@

I confirm this as well...the game is now unplayable, and before 1.7.5 I did not have this problem.

However it seems there is some people unaffected by this glitch, I have a friend with the same version and all that and he does not suffer from this heavy lag spikes every 20 seconds or so, BUT, he started playing a few days ago and he directly downloaded the 1.7.5 version.

My guess is that uninstalling everything and installing again could be a possible fix (no idea, i haven't tried, i fear of loosing my current character, or waste my time), because it does seem as if new people who just download and start to play dayz starting with version 1.7.5 do not get this lag bug.

Can anyone confirm this?

I beg the developers to put high priority on fixing this lag issue, cause it makes the game unplayable, I'm quitting it until this gets solved, you are totally screwed when zombies spot you and you start lagging up...and it also makes me rage much.

Your character is tied to your CD key (arrowhead CD key), feel free to reinstall...

Also you should know this game is deceptively demanding of your computer. And DayZ makes it worse, with the amount of stuff being offloaded to your CPU.

Make sure you play on Beta server etc etc and whatnots. Make sure you have Arma installed on your fastest harddrive, make sure that you don't have a Pagefile on the same drive. And try to keep an eye open, that some program, like anti-virus, isn't interfering.

BTW, a HD 5700? (there is not such card). Even the 5770 isn't a powerful card, it is(was) a great Price/performance card. The only way to make a 5770 (even at launch) into "Very powerful" was to Crossfire it.

And the 57xx cards comes with either 512mbs of ram or 1gbs of ram, + special manufacture (not AMD) versions that have 2gbs....not 3gbs....

I got a 5850 myself, and I know it is starting to show it's age. I would classify it at the Medium level, at this point.

This is PC hardware...and 3 years old hardware at that...In the PC gaming world, this is semi old tech.. PC hardware is outdone after about 1½ years.

My bad. It is most likely a 5770 since it has 1gb of ram. I asked my father, which bought the video card and he was like "It has 3 gb of ram!" Won't listen to him again. The point is, I was able to run it on the highest setting before the update. After the update, I reinstalled literally 7 times. I even completely wiped my computer to reinstall it again. However, it still does it. So I know for a fact that it's not my computer, since it didn't do it before the 1.7.1.5 update. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. I just hope they fix it. Because it WAS fun as hell. Now, I would rather play Runescape or something. xD

Have you considered downgrading to the last version that worked for you? there still seems to be legacy servers around. Less than updated servers...but none the less Servers

I hope you kept a backup of old versions, otherwise you might have to do some digging, seems the website no longer has the older versions available.

Seems 1.6.0.1 is available here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/dayz/downloads/dayz-v1601

And hopefully 1.7.2 is released soon, and fixes the problems for you. BTW there was a bug in one of the later beta patches (that has been fixed) https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35251 that might be causing the problem for you (incase you are very attached to ONE server that is running beta patch that has not been updated)

Ok, so I found the fix to this issue, at least it worked for me. Some would say it was damn obvious but hey other games didn't give me this issue...

It's the cookies. After deleting about 3.000 kb of cookies that were hiding in my computer the lag spikes I had no matter what server I joined were gone. I am playing normally right now as if nothing happened.

Download the following program: CCleaner. (that's how I solved this)

It's really easy to use, once opened, just click "analyze" and then run the cleaner, it will delete all propaganda shit and cookies that your pc might have downloaded without you noticing it.

If you solved your lag spikes using this method then please post a reply in this page of the forum so that everyone with this similar problem can read it and fix it too.

If removing the cookies didn't work out for you...then I have no idea, might be your computer specs or something else. It works perfect to me now after doing this though.

Removing Cookies from your Browser fixed your Lag-Spiking-Game?

Sounds a little bit confusing to me.

On the other Hand, i dont think good about programs like CCleaner, Auslogics Defrag, TuneUp and stuff, cause they delete and config things "automaticly" you can not understand unless you are well versed.

Removing Cookies from your Browser fixed your Lag-Spiking-Game?

Sounds a little bit confusing to me.

On the other Hand' date=' i dont think good about programs like CCleaner, Auslogics Defrag, TuneUp and stuff, cause they delete and config things "automaticly" you can not understand unless you are well versed.

[/quote']

I know it's weird but I swear since I erased all the cookies I no longer suffer from lag spikes, but we can't be sure of this being a fix for the lag issues unless someone else besides me confirms this solution, I hope the guy who posted this thread gives this a try and tells us how it turned out for him.