Sign in to follow this  
James Hawke

Lootable bodies and eerie eye candy

This is a post-apocalyptic world and not everybody will have turned into a flesh-craving meth addict. So I would like to see dead people - Yes, actually dead dead people - sitting in cars, lying on the street, in beds, in military bases... And whatever they have on them could be looted - often items they carry would be ruined, of course, but there could be something useful.

Also, given the situation, some people might have taken their own lives. I'm waiting for the day where I find bodies peacefully in their beds or others in the middle of the forest, hanging from a tree with their head in a noose, swinging with the wind.

This is supposed to be a horror game right?

• Like 8

This is a post-apocalyptic world and not everybody will have turned into a flesh-craving meth addict. So I would like to see dead people - Yes, actually dead dead people - sitting in cars, lying on the street, in beds, in military bases... And whatever they have on them could be looted - often items they carry would be ruined, of course, but there could be something useful.

Also, given the situation, some people might have taken their own lives. I'm waiting for the day where I find bodies peacefully in their beds or others in the middle of the forest, hanging from a tree with their head in a noose, swinging with the wind.

This is supposed to be a horror game right?

awesome idea, very walking dead-esc especially the forest hangings. brutal  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm in favor of this - to what extend the devs want to take this eventually, when priorities allow, is another question, but it should go or lean into that direction in my book.

Ideas: You don't necessarily have to script static object-person hyb- ... okay, let me put it in other terms: Make it so that you can have persistent (kinda) corpses spawn in any building and / or in any urban center (on the road etc). Just like a dead player or zombie, there could be the chance to have a body spawn. It may have loot in various conditions. You don't have to spawn many per town, but some should be in it. Since these bodies would behave like loot, their positions would also be somewhat dynamic and changing.

They could spawn like crash sites - per server (re)start or could change like loot changes now upon looting, thus, respawn elsewhere.

• Like 1

Yes, I am for everything that would add atmosphere and ambiance to emerge the player! Every location would have a little story by just looking at the dead people. Also it would make Chernarus look less artificial. The rendering and towns/locations are good, but because there is no sign of life (past life) except for the players, it makes it all feel a little artificial.

Also the hanging dead body's could be randomly spawned in forest, you know like a chopper crash but with more common loot. It would be a lucky (for the player) find for food or other stuff the body's have on them.

Edited by Mark Darkers
  • Like 1

I think this is a great idea. However I think the developers have some kind of story they're planning with this game? so possibly the dead turn into zombies. if not, i would love to see a few hanging bodies in the forest.

• Like 1

I also think that to see bodies in beds, they should at least update those shitty rushed bed models they currently have in the game. I know they are ported over from the arma 2 models, but they just look terrible.

• Like 2

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

I'm aware that this is probably pretty low on the developers' priority list, but I do hope it's there. I don't quite feel the 'horror' genre yet.

I was also (perhaps a bit morbidly) thinking about being able to use dead bodies. You know, using sticks and the body to craft a decoy that you can put on the side of a road, have people reveal their location by shooting at it. Something like that.

I think this is a great idea. However I think the developers have some kind of story they're planning with this game? so possibly the dead turn into zombies. if not, i would love to see a few hanging bodies in the forest.

the dead will never turn into zombies, as it is a viral infection, it needs living hosts to infect.