Sign in to follow this  
BEWARE-OF-ME

FX 4100, Radeon 7850 "Shitty Frames"

Hi everyone.

When playing DayZ Mod, I am experiencing almost unplayable framerates. This framerate constantly bounces from 13-25fps.

I have tried the GPU_Maxframesahead fix though that showed no results. I have tried mounting the overpoch mods to ramdisk, though allocating 5gb for them left me with under 1gb of ram left. 

I know the 4100 is a bulldozer and I know it's shit, but it's OC'd to something like 4.1ghz. My radeon 7850 should run this game swiftly but it doesn't. Is there a way to allocate more FPS to the game, so I can get somewhat above 30fps?

I just need something to fix me until christmas when I get my i5 and my GTX760.

My HDD really needs de-fragmented. It'll take less time to reinstall windows lol.

Would a re-format of my windows help this? Files are indeed all over the place and I've not defragged it since february.

I've got a sata2 hard drive, but how much does that matter?

Any fixes for my current situation would be greatly appreciated.

Hardrive speed was the biggest performance difference I saw, I went from a 5750 to a 7950 boost and saw much less of a performance increase than from switching from a WD CB to an SSD. Also remember a lot of times performance is limited by the server itself, try a few servers if you think your performance is extremely low.