hezron

Just bought Arma 2 CO and have a question about Dayz

Hey all, I saw dayz on twitch yesterday and was fascinated so i got arma 2 and this mod and everything. I fist jumped in arma's tutorial and did a little bit there to get some of the controls down then i went in a dayz server. After trying like 5 or 6 I came here with two questions. First you start out with a flash light but I can't seem to get it to work, i press the button that is set for headlights and nothing happens. Is this normal? Second question, in all the servers I only start with bandages and a flash light, nothing else..at all. Is that what everyone starts out with, or am I missing something? I must also mention the error came up like once or twice that said this 'bin config.bin/cfgweapons.' Thanks for any advice.

Yes Every1 starts with a flashlight and bandages. You need to scavenge to live. And the error you speak of is nothing dont worry about it.

The Flashlight doesnt work in the day btw. Try it as soon as it gets dark/on a night server.

If you want somebody to show u ropes PM me and ill help u out.

Hi,

You need to press G to bring up your inventory right click on the flash light and select remove from tool belt which will equip it to your secondary weapon slot. Then when you press L it will work. Note when your running it moves all over the place which is normal but is usable when your working.

Your starting with the correct items everyone starts with now.

I've read to ignore the cfg weapons error. Doesnt seem to affect the game in anyway.

Hey all' date=' I saw dayz on twitch yesterday and was fascinated so i got arma 2 and this mod and everything. I fist jumped in arma's tutorial and did a little bit there to get some of the controls down then i went in a dayz server. After trying like 5 or 6 I came here with two questions. First you start out with a flash light but I can't seem to get it to work, i press the button that is set for headlights and nothing happens. Is this normal? Second question, in all the servers I only start with bandages and a flash light, nothing else..at all. Is that what everyone starts out with, or am I missing something? I must also mention the error came up like once or twice that said this 'bin config.bin/cfgweapons.' Thanks for any advice.

[/quote']

after you spawn, you need to press the "G" key to open your gear, your flashlight is equiped on your tool belt, RMB then select remove from tool belt, you should see the torch icon, move to your 2nd weapon slot, press G again to close your gear menu, LMB to aim the torch if it isn't allready, now press "L" to switch it on... no you start with only torch,bandages,painkillers you have to find the rest.. don't worry about the whole weapons, cfg thing I get it all the time as well, doesn't seem to effect the game, that I can tell,,.. gl..

Edit: ah, sure there you go.. ^^