Sign in to follow this  
Techniques

Choppers have missiles?!?

I was playing on a server today and these dudes had a helicopter. Thought that would be fun alright until I seen these guys firing missiles from the choppers destroying buildings leaving them as just rubble.

Is this usual? I really didnt think it was and wondering if it's hackers or something. Seems a bit of a joke that these guys are just going around destroying the hospitals and other useful buildings...

I was playing on a server today and these dudes had a helicopter. Thought that would be fun alright until I seen these guys firing missiles from the choppers destroying buildings leaving them as just rubble.

Is this usual? I really didnt think it was and wondering if it's hackers or something. Seems a bit of a joke that these guys are just going around destroying the hospitals and other useful buildings...

No they don't have missiles in DayZ if I remember correctly.

LOL! I was on one of the Chicago servers and an Apache was roaming around killing everyone that shot at it using its rockets. It was nighttime but I could see its silhouette as the pilot decided to hover directly over the rooftop I was lying prone on...I had no weapon but he was so low I jumped into the gunners position, then promptly jumped out to my death as I was still learning the interface, this was about a week ago and it was quite the show. (and yes it was a Day Z registered server, patch 1.7.1.5)

Ok well the server is UK LNC for anyone interested in seeing these guys firing missiles at people and totalling buildings. There was an admin on while this was happening (I've been on and off all day and these guys were on the whole time) so either he's one of them or doesn't care about what's happening. My guess is that he's in the chopper tbh.

I thought Rocket was banning admins that cheated on their servers? Is there somewhere to report this to for him to look into? It's a pitty people would rather cheat than to actually enjoy the game the legitimate way like the rest of us...