Sign in to follow this  
RAM-bo4250

Ya Know I wuz thinkin

I can only ready this in Walkens voice now.   Be known, anything you type from now on, will always be to the sounds of Christopher Walken.  I envy you. 

You wouldn't be saying that if you had ever heard my CC impression man. I am CONSTANTLY told it sounds just like him.

The original Arma 2 Chrnarus took 5 years to build and as far as im aware is all accurately mapped from satellite images. I don't know if the des are following that idea or creating there own. But total that's like 7 years to create a map like this....its gonna be a legendary game world when its done.

Well, granted, there are more high tech graphics engines out there. I never cared much about that though - maybe it's part of remembering how awesome 1024x768 pixels of 8 bit each was with SVGA.

What I like about the DayZ graphics is that when I stand among the pine trees of a hill above a rural town in DayZ, it looks like a pine forest on something that looks like a hill overlooking something that looks like a town. It looks ... believable.

And let's not forget the things that DayZ does well (and, I guess, the reason Arma2 was chosen for the mod): Huge landscapes, weather, realistic night sky, moving sun/moon and all those other thing that make immersion easier for me.

Lee,

exactly what inspired me to start this thread. The graphics are not the greatest i've seen but everything came together in the right mixture. Very few games have caused this reaction in me. For an artificial world it's pretty damn good.

• Like 1