In a city I get 10-25 FPS

In the woods 30-60 FPS

When looking at sky or ocean 100-120 FPS

Here are some of my computer specs

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Intel® Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

16GB of RAM

I've tried looking up some ways to get more FPS, but the only one that worked made me turn down my rendering resolution and I couldn't see anything.

(EDIT: Sorry I was stupid and didn't look into the problem more and have found that this is a known issue)

Edited by FrozenModerator

No one can run DayZ well. I swear it's literally impossible to get more than 20 fps in a town on max settings as of the latest update. Someone with a 780ti GPU and i7-4770k processor with 32 gb's RAM only gets 20 fps in towns maxed out.

Hopefully optimization comes.

No one can run DayZ well. I swear it's literally impossible to get more than 20 fps in a town on max settings as of the latest update. Someone with a 780ti GPU and i7-4770k processor with 32 gb's RAM only gets 20 fps in towns maxed out.

Have they talked about the issue at all? 

i thought there were some perfomance updates with the latest patch?

Have they talked about the issue at all? 

Not that I'm aware of, it was maybe touched on very lightly.

Was not aware of that, I haven't seen much of a performance boost, either way, it's not a game changing performance boost.

Only server performance, they increased the server FPS from 10-15 to 30 FPS which makes everything abit more responsive. Also 64 bit Architecture

Optimization will come in the Beta period.  Alpha is strictly for new content and major bug fixes, whilst in the beta will come game optimization and all the minor bug fixes, such as the annoying sound bugs.