tatne (DayZ)

Make it possible for other people to access your backbag

There should be option to make backpack accessible for other players.

It could be done with right click option on backpack in inventory.

• Like 2

There'd be no downsides to allowing buddies to go through your backpack. Anything you want to share you'd leave in there.

Never liked how in the mod a player could just run up to someone and in a second look in their backpack and steal any weapon they had in there. 

The current system of having to drop a backpack on the ground in order for another player to rummage around in it works just fine.

The current system of having to drop a backpack on the ground in order for another player to rummage around in it works just fine.

I'ma have to go ahead and just stop you right there.

Between having your dropped backpack reappear twenty feet away somewhere inaccessible, dropping your backpack only to find out the server shutdown while it was still on the ground, and dropping your backpack to just have it disappear entirely, I'm not sure I'd agree with you.

That being said, the surrender option probably covers what OP is looking for. As long as we don't return to the mod days, I'm happy... I've certainly tap-walked up to snipers entirely silently and stolen their CQC weapon from their bags without them hearing a single sound till I'm shooting. And I can't be the only person who thinks this is just as dirty and deplorable a tactic as it is unrealistic and inauthentic.

I'ma have to go ahead and just stop you right there.

Between having your dropped backpack reappear twenty feet away somewhere inaccessible, dropping your backpack only to find out the server shutdown while it was still on the ground, and dropping your backpack to just have it disappear entirely, I'm not sure I'd agree with you.

That being said, the surrender option probably covers what OP is looking for. As long as we don't return to the mod days, I'm happy... I've certainly tap-walked up to snipers entirely silently and stolen their CQC weapon from their bags without them hearing a single sound till I'm shooting. And I can't be the only person who thinks this is just as dirty and deplorable a tactic as it is unrealistic and inauthentic.

Ha, those are fair points, but are you really suggesting that they change a game mechanic in order to fix bugs?

I'd much rather they just fixed the bugs.

There should be option to make backpack accessible for other players.

It could be done with right click option on backpack in inventory.

I might just be wrong but in the early days of SA this was actually a thing. I may be getting it mixed with the mod though, but I swear you could do it on one of them.

I might just be wrong but in the early days of SA this was actually a thing. I may be getting it mixed with the mod though, but I swear you could do it on one of them.

You stil can access other people's backpacks in the mod, the only difference is that it makes a zip sound now. It got a bit ridiculous, to the point where new spawns would pretend to be friendly and then steal a DMR from a geared up player's backpack and kill him with it.

I'm guessing the feature was removed by the devs intentionally as they didn't want it to be a feature in the game. I've always found that it was easier to just drop items for my friends on the ground anyway.

Edited by Mos1ey

Didn't notice earlier on the title

backbag. Lol XD

Edited by arvinzd

You should only be able to go through someones pack if they are in the same group as you, (a gesture that lets people acess your pack could be handy to) or if they have there hands up /cufed,

Never liked how in the mod a player could just run up to someone and in a second look in their backpack and steal any weapon they had in there. 

That is exactly why it should be possible to manually allow / disable it.

To make your friends able to pick stuff from your backpack so you shouldn't drop items / backpack on the ground.

No, it doesn't work fine. Not fine at all.

Loot still falls thru buildings / game world.

I liked being able to access my friends backpacks but I hated the fact you could sneak up to somebody (even without sound by tapping movement keys quickly) and steal stuff without noticing anything.

Wasn't really my problem since I don't stay in one position for long and I move constantly but I was one of those thieves and I know it must have been a pain in the ass since IRL you would notice something like that.