Sign in to follow this  
kdsjr123

First Kill in DayZ (Not being a bandit)

(Sorry if this is the wrong place in the forums. Just in case i put it in the Off-Topic area)

This topic will be discussing my first ever kill in DayZ. It was a stressful moment but, i pulled through and ended up not dying in the end. My friend sadly did not make it R.I.P. Here is my story.

Me and my friend just spawned into DayZ. We last left off looting the North West airfield when we last disconnected from a last server the night before. We just spawned in on the roof of the fire station looking for any signs of player contact. We saw and heard nothing unusual so we headed down the ladder being very careful. We started looting the fire station when we heard shots in the distance. We looked out trying to see anything. I headed up into the ATC to try to get a better view of this situation. He quickly followed behind me. I lay'd down being the smart one because it was a full forty man server. He unfortunately did not lay down. All of the sudden i heard a shot and my friend collapsed to the ground (Because of the awesome new rag doll physics). It looked like a clean head shot with a mosin. So me doing like i always do in these situations i am scared as hell. I decided to stay in the ATC peering next to steps and waiting to come see if the killer would come in and loot his body. So i waited for a couple of minutes leaning over then their he is in the doorway. I had little to no time to react but i managed to put about 25 rounds of my AKM drum mag in him before he could get a shot in my direction. Since i was spraying at him it ruined his tent that he had! Anyway i looted his body and i knew this was him because he had a mosin with a long range scope so it must have been him. So i looted him and i I really did not get anything useful except a banana mag for my AKM since i was all kitted out already. I think i heard M4 shots nearby even scaring me even more. I decided to make a run for it in the opposite direction of the ATC and did a full 180 making my way into the woods were i later disconnected. This was my first real blood pumping experience in DayZ and i hope many more to come. This is why this game is so unique because i have not played any other game that has brought this type of experience into gaming.

• Like 1

Nice

The mod used to be like that every day... But Epoch and Overpoch kinda killed it.

And also the zeds that now slap you so hard you lose 1/12 of your blood, and the fact that barracks are worse than car wrecks now, which means no one goes inland

I actually don't really remember my exact first kill, but it was probably this one:

I had just started DayZ mod, probably a bit over a year ago. at this point I didn't know about DZC and so I was randomly trying to join like every server, but didn't understand that Origins servers were actually another mod... But eventually I got into one where I you spawn with an AKS. I know now I was near kamyshovo. So I found a couple bodies as you would expect on a server like that, and then I started walking along the train tracks, and before long saw a guy about 50m away walking away from me. I started shooting at him, afraid he would take my AKS that I spawned with. I was a bit confused as I had just come from Battlefield 3, and I expected it to tell me if I killed him... lol.. but his body was there. Not long after that I was at kamyshovo and found a corpse with a DMR on the beach. there was a bunch of guys in the town, and I (think) I killed one before they got me. it was hard to tell because I had a sucky PC and didn't know how to optimize my graphics, so they were as low as possible...  

Been playing over 2.5 years and have never killed another player. I'd kill a bandit if he/she tried to kill me but generally I avoid others, playing lonewolf instead.

I remember the first time I died, and the 40 other times I died that day!  :rolleyes:

Been playing over 2.5 years and have never killed another player. I'd kill a bandit if he/she tried to kill me but generally I avoid others, playing lonewolf instead.

I remember the first time I died, and the 40 other times I died that day!  :rolleyes:

I find that hard to believe :P

I feel like killing isn't something to be ashamed of. If I spawn and smother someones skull with a hammer for his gear, that's a purposeful reason to kill. I needed his gear. But when KOS is involved when there is REALLY no reason to kill other then fun and target practice, that's when I disagree.

But ey, if you choose to skip the best part of the game, social interacting, then that's you!

hello fellas, this is my 1st time playing, all i have been doing is wondering around, i cant find anything, is there something wrong with my game,.