gizm0

Logging with players near us or near players shouldn't be allowed

So me and my friends decided to change servers because one of our members is in the UK and keeps getting kick from our regular server, and when we spawn in we get killed by two guys with DMRs. >.< I wouldn't be so annoyed if it wasn't for the fact that they killed us while we were loading in.

edit: I messed up the title of the tread. It suppose to say Logging in with other players near or killing players still loading shouldn't be possible.

So what happens when you try to login and someone is is your spot? DO you really think the DAYz will reliably move your login? Have fun spawning in walls and dying

So what happens when you try to login and someone is is your spot? DO you really think the DAYz will reliably move your login? Have fun spawning in walls and dying

kick me back to the lobby screen?

Nice little ghosting/radar feature eh?

I agree that it'd be nice if this issue was addressed but it is the chance you take if you choose to log out in a high traffic area.

Nice little ghosting/radar feature eh?

than what would you suggestion to be a better option that the current bullshit that we have now.

than what would you suggestion to be a better option that the current bullshit that we have now.

Find decent cover before logging off?

Go to the middle of Cherno or Electra get a flare ready and log out.

Then log in and spam the fire button so u throw flares when u log in, that way everyone knows your logging in and not to shoot you.

also.. why did you edit your OP to say u want to edit title? Why not just edit the title?

A zombie time (pun intended) would be great. It would also disable you from shooting for a while. That way you could quickly check there are no bandits and log off if there are.

The zombie time? Just make a counter that counts seconds as you log in and disallow shooting before 15 seconds have passed. Also do not lose hp from getting shots unless 15seconds have passed.

This is not like a epidemic or anything though. it is extremely unlikely to do if you log off in a safe area. I have been playing for about 2 months now and I would say this has happened a total of 1 time when i was stupid and logged out in the Bolotta Air control tower. Not a safe place to log out so I knew the risk.

I dont see how they could stop this either, tell a Paying customer, nope you cant log in yet because there happens to be someone laying down on the hill of stary where you logged off and you have to wait till his 30 minute camp of the tents is over with? that would hurt the game. even if they moved you you would know someone else was nearby giving away there location.

It is fine the way it is, just be more safe with your log outs.

Guess you guys should have found a safer place to log a game like DayZ should not be changed for incompetent players. But your buddy was logged there you say and he got kicked? Better to risk one life than several. Simple strategic decisions - make them.

How many RPGs with PvP elements move you across the map to prevent you from logging in into hostile territory? Stop logging out in a hotspot.

How about when you log in you agro zeds within a certain range based on your proximity to a town/building/loot/zed ect.

So the farther away you are from from towns, loot areas, and hot spots then this *login agro range* would be extremely small or almost non existent, BUT still possible.

If you log in inside the barracks, a building, in major towns, middle of zed pack, ect, then the *login agro range* is extended due to your proximity of being in or around a hot area.

Once you login the range is caculated and anything in the area within that calculated range should pull just like shooting a loud gun.

Then add in the 1 minute DC hang around feature so you won't be safe to just drop connection without risking 1 min of your player just sitting still and possibly being killed.

You could even have it so the zombies stop the agro or move to another alert status once the player is dead or disconnects just so surrounding players aren't penalized by some griefer just logging in/out to start an agro train.

The way I look at it is when you log out your character is going to sleep and your chance of being detected should go way up especially if your inside a building in an infested area because your letting your guard down. Sure you may be hidden, but look at it as if during the time you logged out numerous zeds may have checked this area and now know you are in there.

Bottom line is that players shouldn't be able to just log in/out of hot zones without some sort of consequence. This penalty still allows them to fight off the swarms, but it alerts the players around too that something just spawned in the area.

So me and my friends decided to change servers because one of our members is in the UK and keeps getting kick from our regular server' date=' and when we spawn in we get killed by two guys with DMRs. >.< I wouldn't be so annoyed if it wasn't for the fact that they killed us while we were loading in.

edit: I messed up the title of the tread. It suppose to say Logging in with other players near or killing players still loading shouldn't be possible.

[/quote']

so guess next time u wont log out in a populated area...

Most ideas here are horrible. Just leave it as is, you log out in an high traffic area you get shot in the face. And how will the game know the person near your login spot is a friend waiting for you to join.

Leave this as is

I've had someone spawn in right in front of me as i was running through a warehouse.

A lot of people seem to think we were in a usual hot spot like cherno or NWA but we were just in the woods east of kumy... So I'm just gonna chalk in up to bad luck. :P I've gotten over the death but it still seems odd that they can see us and kill us while loading.