herd

8300 blood, died from a SINGLE zombie hit.

Once at 11500 blood I got hit ONCE and slowly bleed out. What made me mad wasn't that I kept bleeding, it's that I looted many buildings while bleeding and never found a single bandage. They either need to make a certain amount of blood someone can lose from a single hit, or increase spawn of bandages. Maybe it was just bad luck I never found one, but I haven't had much luck finding bandages in the past either.

Edit: Just fixing a misspelling.

What's up. Created an account to add to the bitching about the RNG in this game.

The random loot and damage received makes the experience unpredictable and frankly crap 90% of the time. While zombie AI probably has little randomness involved, getting detected by a crouching, unseen zombie while you are crawling makes it feel like there is nothing you can do to get to that one barn and stock up on empty cans and glowsticks.

Monopoly and yahtzee aren't hardcore.

More than 1/4 of your blood is gone and you are complaining that a zombie whacking you made you unconscious, leading to your death? You weren't one hit killed by an infected, you were knocked unconscious. A buddy with an epi-pen would have gotten you back on your feet in now time.

Anyway always try to be above 9k, always have 2 bandages, painkillers and some morphine. Btw. no one cares about your lost gear, except the lucky guy that stumbled across your characters corpse.

Just lost all my gear (see attachment)

What happened. Had 8300 blood.

Why the hell did you have so little blood when you had all that gear?! You could've spent a short while hunting and easily be back to full health' date=' especially since you had all the equipment you needed to cook food.

Why'd you risk a zombie encounter? You know that zombies have a very slim chance, but its still a chance, of knocking you out when you're under 9000 blood IN ADDITION to their chance to cause bleeding. Yet you still risked it.

Once at 11500 blood I got hit ONCE and slowly bleed out. What made me mad wasn't that I kept bleeding, it's that I looted many buildings while bleeding and never found a single bandage. They either need to make a certain amount of blood someone can lose from a single hit, or increase spawn of bandages. Maybe it was just bad luck I never found one, but I haven't had much luck finding bandages in the past either.

Bandages are one of the most common 'useful item' spawns you can find. You either had impossibly bad luck, or you were going through an area that had just recently been looted.

What's up. Created an account to add to the bitching about the RNG in this game.

The random loot and damage received makes the experience unpredictable and frankly crap 90% of the time. While zombie AI probably has little randomness involved' date=' getting detected by a crouching, unseen zombie while you are crawling makes it feel like there is nothing you can do to get to that one barn and stock up on empty cans and glowsticks.

Monopoly and yahtzee aren't hardcore.

[/quote']

hurray this is just what we need, more people complaining.

Seen plenty of perfectly healthy people drop to the floor and be unable to stand again after a solid king hit' date=' and I don't think their "blood" was low. I once saw a guy get taken to hopsital because he got knocked on the head with a scool lunch box. Running at full pace and taking a solid round house to the nose sounds like a "Down for the count" situation to me.

[/quote']

I was running in the woods and hit my face on a tree at a mild sprint and taken to the emergency room for a possible concussion, granted im fine this adds another good point to this.

' pid='216974' dateline='1341025882']

(<3 my axe)

we all love our axes

But there is nothing to be said but what everyone else has already said and has been repeated already.

I will say I often have bad luck finding bandages when bleeding out too. I too believe I'm probably the victim of bad luck or being somewhere that's already been looted. That said, having a way to at least temporarily stem or slow the bloodflow without a bandage would be handy!

[...] Zombies should not kill you with ONE single random lucky hit with 8300 blood.

Yes' date=' they should. That's what makes every single zombie encounter so unpredictable, and thus intense, no matter how experienced or well equipped you are. Nothing to fix here imho.

[/quote']

Agreed. The only thing I don't like is the buggy hitbox and animations, other than that legs break too easy.

I say keep the broken bones how they are, just make morphine spawn like it used to.

When under 9k blood' date=' the zombies have a certain chance of knocking you out, so really - it's your own fault for risking it in the first place. There's nothing that should be fixed.

[/quote']

So 8k blood from 12k blood is 0,66% or 2/3. So with that amount of life, over 50%, you say its OK to die from one lucky random zombie attack.

Like how is it realistic ? Military sim, right ?

Yes, its about as realistic as a zombie killing you.

working as intended. sub 9k hp, meanis you can get knocked out. if you don't want to play with a group, keep your health above 9k at all times, and try to never get hit.

silenced weapon goes a long way for solo players, or at least engage from distance or from building.

the gear you lost is notihng special. one airfield raid and you will have all of that again.

its toguh to lose your stuff, but you shoudl not get atached to your gear in this game. its only setting you up for a dissapointment because death is inevitable.

i've lost much better gear to much worse things, like getting killed by closing a door, sliding down into a rock without being able to get out, etc.

Once at 11500 blood I got hit ONCE and slowly bleed out. What made me mad wasn't that I kept bleeding' date=' it's that I looted many buildings while bleeding and never found a single bandage. They either need to make a certain amount of blood someone can lose from a single hit, or increase spawn of bandages. Maybe it was just bad luck I never found one, but I haven't had much luck finding bandages in the past either.

[/quote']

or you need to learn how to play. there are so many bandages out there, and a smart survivor never goes anywehre without 2-3 bandages. first thing i do with a fresh character spawn, i gather 3 bandages, and i always maintain that number. use up a bandage, do not engage zombies until you find one to replace it.

do not ask for the game to become easier because your survival skills are subpar.

Try dieing after a week with way over 60 hours playing because u accidently hit respawn :D

Thats what this game is all ABOUT, dont get attached to your gear because you WILL LOOSE IT! Its just bullshitting yourself if you dont expect to die every secound.

I will say I often have bad luck finding bandages when bleeding out too. I too believe I'm probably the victim of bad luck or being somewhere that's already been looted. That said' date=' having a way to at least temporarily stem or slow the bloodflow without a bandage would be handy!

[/quote']

I've seen bleeding stop on its own now and then. But really, if you're looking for bandages AFTER you've been hit, you've already made a huge mistake :).

You think its well balanced ? Well' date=' I am not.

[/quote']

Guess what...Life is not balanced so why the hell should the game be. If you cant deal with that fact, you may as well just check out :)

As regards your story though, I had a very similar experience: my character was 4 days old...had an AK, ammo and a backpack full of supplies...I was ready to rock. I had just taken out around 12 zombies without any harm to myself...I spotted a cow and decided to butcher it. The gunshot drew one zombie and I sat there, watching it approach, talking to my friend on mumble and laughing about how easy it would be to kill this one, poor, solitary zombie after my recent encounter.

The zombie ran up, hit me once and knocked me out...I died long before I regained consciousness.

The difference between you and me though, is that I laughed my ass off at my own stupidity and for being so damned sure that I could take one zombie.

I laughed my ass off, told my friend what had just happened, then I spawned on the coast and headed north again...within a couple of hours I was once again well equipped and looking forward to the story that would accompany my next death.

In other words, there is nothing wrong with how you died...the problem is in your attitude and approach to the game.

The only thing that needs balancing is the players fear.

Keep it this way and everyone will still be freaking out if a zombie bee-lines towards him/her.

The mere fact that you ain't save with 12k blood pressure and the "OMG I JUST LOST MY LEET GEAR!GO MAKE ZEDS WEAKER!" afterwards should signal rocket that this is the right way.

Even Rambo himself with 2 LMG's should wet his pants against zombies.

Even Rambo himself with 2 LMG's should wet his pants against zombies.

I respectfully disagree - poor RNG is poor.

if you played with people it wouldnt happen. Get a squad, and some blood bags. someone could have saved you and you wouldn't be complaining that you went to a airbase it looks like with about 80% blood. You realized if you lost 20% of your blood in real life you wouldn't be feeling too good when someone hit you. Keep also in mind that these aren't dead zombies, they are infected live people zombies.

if you played with people it wouldnt happen. Get a squad' date=' and some blood bags. someone could have saved you and you wouldn't be complaining that you went to a airbase it looks like with about 80% blood. You realized if you lost 20% of your blood in real life you wouldn't be feeling too good when someone hit you. Keep also in mind that these aren't dead zombies, they are infected live people zombies.

[/quote']

So rather then fixing a broken mechanic I should be enforced a play style I dont want? Great !

I dont want to play with buds.

Me neither, but instead of making the singleplayer experience even more immersive, they opted to start developing towards cheap/crappy/shitty left4dead for teamplay. I wouldn't be surprised at all if 1.7.0-1.7.1 is the last good version of the game.

Nothing broken about a man punching another man, resulting in said victim being knocked flat and being unable to regain his balance and strength. Doubley so when the man has been dragged One Quater of the way towards utter oblivion through other forms of misfortune first... If it helps, go cut yourself till a quater of your blood leaks onto the floor, then tell a bouncer he's just a fat coat rack and rate the resulting punch. :)

There is no broken mechanic, nor is it bad that it works that way!!!

U know what??

You should be GLAD that u have 9000 blood as a buffer. Man, u can take MANY hits from 12.000 Blood to 9.000 Blood - probably more than enough!!!

Don´t consider the fact that u have around 60% left but the number of hits u allready took!!!

May u try seeing it that way???

if you played with people it wouldnt happen. Get a squad' date=' and some blood bags. someone could have saved you and you wouldn't be complaining that you went to a airbase it looks like with about 80% blood. You realized if you lost 20% of your blood in real life you wouldn't be feeling too good when someone hit you. Keep also in mind that these aren't dead zombies, they are infected live people zombies.

[/quote']

So rather then fixing a broken mechanic I should be enforced a play style I dont want? Great !

From the build 1.7.2 pending update thread:

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

If you play solo or in a group, having at least two morphine on you should still be one of your goals.

[/quote']

From the build 1.7.2 pending update thread:

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

If you play solo or in a group, having at least two morphine on you should still be one of your goals.

How is breaking legs correlate with 1 hit KO dead from zombies ?

There is no broken mechanic' date=' nor is it bad that it works that way!!!

U know what??

You should be GLAD that u have 9000 blood as a buffer. Man, u can take MANY hits from 12.000 Blood to 9.000 Blood - probably more than enough!!!

Don´t consider the fact that u have around 60% left but the number of hits u allready took!!!

May u try seeing it that way???

[/quote']

It takes few hits actually to drop to 9k. Did you play 1.7.1.5 ?

A person can knock you out with a punch! A zed *IS* a person (if you didn't know before...), and as a person they have a certain strength (even possible more than a normal person due to the infection similar to the rabies).

They can CERTAINLY know you out with a single contact... you won't die immediately, but since you can't react anymore (because you passed out for a certain amount of time), they will have much more chances to "finish" you (eat you.. dismember... whatever).

This is what you done:

- You lost 3000 of your blood (so you were already partially "sick").

- You were alone (you didn't had a person as backup).

And knowing the above you were still "trolling" near to the zeds, so you faced what i've explained before: KO + consequent death.

Is that hard to understand this VERY SIMPLE concept? Should someone punch you in the face to let you finally understand that a person can pass out with a single hit from another person? tip: a hit on the temporal is enough.

When under 9k blood' date=' the zombies have a certain chance of knocking you out, so really - it's your own fault for risking it in the first place. There's nothing that should be fixed.

[/quote']

So 8k blood from 12k blood is 0,66% or 2/3. So with that amount of life, over 50%, you say its OK to die from one lucky random zombie attack.

Like how is it realistic ? Military sim, right ?

Hurr durr in real life people can get shot in head and sometime survive if they really lucky but ingame i sometime get killed by 1 gunshot, this is not realistic and im mad now.

Dude, as he said, once you're under 9k blood you are "weak" and if a zombie smacks you good in the face, in your jaw for example with all his power, you are going to pass out. Now you didnt die from a single zombie hit, you got knocked out by a single zombie hit, then they started eating at you that's why you died.

You talking bout realistic? In real life boxers can knock out a person with one hit, now take in fact that zombies are "mindless" and hit you for all of their power, WHILE you were weak. I really don't see the problem here. Stop qqing, really.