James2012

The Pvp Problem.

... I and others suggested a new skin where you look bloodied. So you may look like the other players but your charater has splashes of blood on their clothing' date=' face and hands. This increases with each kill.

[/quote']

I like this idea. Come across a guy with 1-2 murders, his hands are bloody. 4-5 there's some blood on his clothes too. 10+ he's got blood on his face too now. 25+ and he's wearing the blood on his face as a war mask hahahaha

But then anyone who thinks someone else has blood on them, or knows they have blood on them thinks "OMG MURDERER SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!"

... I and others suggested a new skin where you look bloodied. So you may look like the other players but your charater has splashes of blood on their clothing' date=' face and hands. This increases with each kill.

[/quote']

I like this idea. Come across a guy with 1-2 murders, his hands are bloody. 4-5 there's some blood on his clothes too. 10+ he's got blood on his face too now. 25+ and he's wearing the blood on his face as a war mask hahahaha

But then anyone who thinks someone else has blood on them, or knows they have blood on them thinks "OMG MURDERER SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!"

Why would a murderer announce his position knowing what he looks like?

[/quote']

Why would a murderer announce his position knowing what he looks like?

Well, I assume in your scenario people who aren't him still possess eyes, and thus may see the blood should they spot the murderer. I also assume these people have feelings, and don't like murderers, meaning anyone who defends themselves against a bad shot or simply likes the PvP style of gameplay will probably get thrown into a witch-hunt the moment they get blood on them.

Perhaps the zombies in a given area could gravitate towards (or be more sensitive to) people who have committed multiple murders, as a sort of cosmic justice... This could also act as a more subtle indicator of who's been a naughty boy. It would also make camping more dangerous.

Since the zombies are DayZ's only obvious lapse in the 'realism' stakes, this should not offend those who desire authenticity too much.

[EDIT: see this thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24875 because as I typed this suggestion eXcecution3r had had the exact same idea!]

Killing in real life does not have repercussions.

This alone invalidates your augment..

nice try but fail

Killing in real life does not have repercussions.

nice try but fail

He's right though. The repercussions are the ones we enforce - there is nothing intrinsic in killing. Even the shame of killing is socially conditioned.

Instead of punishing killers, let's find ways to reward those who aren't killers.

nice try but fail

It's always so telling when someone just says your argument is invalid without actually making an attempt to substantively identify the ways in which it is so.

Counter my argument, make one of your own with supporting detail, or get stuffed.