Sign in to follow this  
Roshi (DayZ)

Hipslot for single handed melee weapons, limitations for two-handed melee storage and slings/straps for rifles

Having run around for a while with a machete floating over my shoulder when stashed I was thinking that it would be perhaps better for single handed melee weapons to sit at your hip by default. 

I also reckon that double handed weapons should not just sit on your shoulder but should require a backpack before they can be stashed at your back (NOT in the the backpack but rather between your back and the pack itself). 

Also, echoing previous suggestions, needing a a sling or strap before stashing a firearm over your shoulder (even if improvised with cord). Still really like the idea of a sling for stashing a rifle in front of your body (e.g. M4 or AKM) - perhaps giving a faster draw animation but at the cost of limiting movement in prone unless the weapon was in hand

I agree and I think we need as well a "belt" slot for belts and fanny packs and such. Maybe the one hand melee weapons could be carried at the waist if you have a belt equipped.

Edited by EchoZeero