Millieee007

You have turned.

You have turned. 

My name is Melinda, I am 18 years old and German. I have a new idea for DayZ.

What if there was a new kind of zombie in DayZ. A very rare kind, which does not beat you... but bites! 

Imagine you walk around in a town and see tons of zombies, but one looks different!

Maybe a bit more scary and authoritative...

And if you do not manage to shoot it, it bites you.

Your character slowly starts to feel dizzy and weak, you are getting tired.

After a while you realize that your character is feeling sick and is not able to run anymore.

He slowly begins to turn...his skin is getting worse and the eyes are getting deep dark.

Other zombies suddenly do not seem to recognize you, because you slowly become one of them.

Some minutes later the screen with the words "You are unconscious" appears but disappears 

after some minutes. You can now see you character walking around just like one of them.

On the top you can see big, red words, which say "You have turned." and under it you can see

the familiar menu with "close, configurations, new start, quit" 

Wouldn't that be totally awesome?

Thank you for reading my idea. 

• Like 2

I hate to rain on your parade, but this has already been suggested several times before.

The devs won't implement this because we (the survivors) are immune to the infection according to the backstory of DayZ.

Now if the devs completely trashed that backstory, & did actually implement this, then I would support it.

If we never see it in game, I'll be just as content.

• Like 3

I hate to rain on your parade, but this has already been suggested several times before.

The devs won't implement this because we (the survivors) are immune to the infection according to the backstory of DayZ.

Now if the devs completely trashed that backstory, & did actually implement this, then I would support it.

If we never see it in game, I'll be just as content.

Beat me to it, I was gonna post the same thing as soon as I saw this thread

I love the idea (despite the lore problem, which could be easily fixed).

What might make it better would be if you had the option to carry on as a zed. You lose your ability to use weapons, but you gain some new ability (possibly a way to track survivors?)

The advantage of this form would be no zombie attacks, and if you looked like an ordinary zed then that would give you a distinct surprise advantage on players.

Any thoughts?

I love the idea (despite the lore problem, which could be easily fixed).

What might make it better would be if you had the option to carry on as a zed. You lose your ability to use weapons, but you gain some new ability (possibly a way to track survivors?)

The advantage of this form would be no zombie attacks, and if you looked like an ordinary zed then that would give you a distinct surprise advantage on players.

Any thoughts?

Been suggested more times than I can count, and I have the same response every time:  The whole concept of a zombie is that they have no rationality and no intelligence.  They just have the animalistic urge to eat... by giving a player control of a zed you would be going against the most basic principle of zombies.  No, thankyou.