Sign in to follow this  
sunhawk

Problem with Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead + Dayz Mod

Hi all,

I have used Arma 2 for a couple of years with all the DLC with no problems, mostly to play the DayZ Mod. I recently went to play Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and it said Battle Eye could not initialize so I verified cache where it downloaded some files. I could then launch the game fine but ever since my Arma 2 Operation Arrow head main menu is having problems. It displays like water glitch in the background which is bobbing up and down, normally it shows an intro movie.

I have removed all my mods and even reinstall Arma 2 and all add-ons and OA is still having the problem (the menus to A2 and the other DLCS are all fine)

Can someone please help me fix?  Would be willing to contribute finically if fixed.

Many Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

Here is an image of my problem on them Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead menu:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/23962585491337230/904E6E350675621CE1B0639FF4C1ADED9D6ADD14/

Edited by Sunhawk

This is from the -skipintro parameter. Did you just switch over to dayz launcher recently? Also this is not a problem, its actually recommended to help in loading times slightly.

Hi Frosty, I don't use the -skipintro paramater in steam (right clicking on A2:OA properties - set paramata), I have been using the dayz commander for a few years when the problem started a few days ago (may have been earlier).  Is there a way to fix it so I can test?

Thanks for your response, am willing to do a donation if I get this fixed.

What about your additonal launch parameters through dayz commander? Also it could be something in one of the new commander updates he added since it cuts down on loading time slightly, not 100% on that though.

What about your additonal launch parameters through dayz commander? Also it could be something in one of the new commander updates he added since it cuts down on loading time slightly, not 100% on that though.

I don't have the commander installed, Just Arma 2 and OA, would it still cause a problem do you think?  Are there specific setting under the commander to turn that paramata off?  Thanks

Edited by Sunhawk

Hmm, thats very strange. It shouldn't be hurting gameplay or anything and many people do use the parameters to help in loading times so it may not be necessary to fix it. Otherwise i'm really not sure how to get rid of it.

True I don't think it's broken the game it just rather annoying it's still a problem after a fresh install, thanks for your help.

Edited by Sunhawk

Is anybody else able to help me with this issue, would be willing to contribute.