Mullraugh

Geforce GTX 780 and still 8-26 FPS

So I've had a Geforce GTX 780 for a bit, and it's come to my attention recently that I should be getting far more FPS compared to what I'm getting now, which is around 9-26 FPS. I've accepted the fact that I get 9 FPS in big cities, and 26 FPS to me, is godly. But according to people with worse video cards than I have, I should be getting great FPS while recording - which I can barely do.

Reason I'm here is because I have about 0% computer knowledge, aside from the fact that it gets hot and needs a fan. So I was hoping someone out there might be able to help me with my predicament. Also, nothing will make me lower my video settings because in my opinion; Looks > FPS

Here's the specifics of my computer (I dunno what's useful so I'm just putting down everything I see):

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

System Model: GA-78LMT-S2

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor     (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM (I think that's 8G right?)

try messing around with your settings dont put ur settings on ultra cause its not worth it with a game not even optimized anyways try medium and turn ur resolution to 100% and post back  also u said ur trying to record what are u using to record ? 

Ok so here is the deal buddy!!

My rig is

AMD FX4100 O.C 4.4ghz

MSI GTX660

6gb Ram

Right now this game is not coded for AMD...Our Processor has alot of trouble with this game.  I can run ArmA3 just fine, its just the way this is coded.  I can still steam and everything just my FPS isnt through the roof.  Def mess with your settings...Take off all Bloom i will post back in a liltte while of what settings i have to help let my game run smooth!

Happy Hunting!

Ok so here is the deal buddy!!

My rig is

AMD FX4100 O.C 4.4ghz

MSI GTX660

6gb Ram

Right now this game is not coded for AMD...Our Processor has alot of trouble with this game.  I can run ArmA3 just fine, its just the way this is coded.  I can still steam and everything just my FPS isnt through the roof.  Def mess with your settings...Take off all Bloom i will post back in a liltte while of what settings i have to help let my game run smooth!

Happy Hunting!

Think there's any hope for us AMD users or should I save my money for a different processor.

AMD FX™-4100 is the problem. That CPU is simply too weak for DayZ/ArmA, so you might consider upgrading that too.

Like i said alot of people are going to say its to weak.  It is by no means the best, but at the same it does just fine for myself...I actually decided to play DayZ for the first time in awhile last night and i have to say the game is alot smoother.  It will get better for the AMD kids....You just has to play with your settings.  You have a better graphics card then me, but also i have overclocked my FX4100 so yea.......

You wont just be able to by an intel chip and put it on your motherboard...you have to make sure it will pair with it.   If you were to upgrade id say spend the 200 bucks and get the 8350 CPU.  A couple of my buddies have them and have no issue running DayZ

Yup, 8350 is significantly faster. But one does not simply get better FPS than OP described from FX4100. :)

Yup, 8350 is significantly faster. But one does not simply get better FPS than OP described from FX4100. :)

I have a Fx 8350 running at stock speedy (4ghz~4.2ghz) and I play in the woods at 25~32 fps, and 18~23 fps in smalls cities... using a very low profile config like:

sceneComplexity=150000;

shadowZDistance=50;

viewDistance=1000;

preferredObjectViewDistance=800;

terrainGrid=50;

I think that the real solution is go for a Intel, AMD is not good for games that doesn't use well the multicore stuff, unfortunately the most of the games uses only 2~4 cores and is then intel beats amd, cause the they are quadcore (octacore using HT, thats "emule" more cores) so you can use more processing power.

Edited by Daranah