Sign in to follow this  
coltonlong

What are the default settings for DayZ?

So i screwed up my settings, and have reinstalled, deleted all files, then reinstalled, and its still not fixed. Can someone look into your video settings and let me know? Id like to play, but this is hurting my eyes.

So i screwed up my settings, and have reinstalled, deleted all files, then reinstalled, and its still not fixed. Can someone look into your video settings and let me know? Id like to play, but this is hurting my eyes.

You could try deleting the config files which are located in Documents folder. The next time you start the game it will not be able to find these config files and will automaticly create new default ones. Ofcourse, remember to make backups of the old files before deleting them because you can never be too careful.

Edited by Klemingway
  • Like 1

default settings button?

default settings button?

There is no default button.

You could try deleting the config files which are located in Documents folder. The next time you start the game it will not be able to find these config files and will automaticly create new default ones. Ofcourse, remember to make backups of the old files before deleting them because you can never be too careful.

It got me close. Maybe  with a bit more fiddling.... thanks a lot man.

It got me close. Maybe  with a bit more fiddling.... thanks a lot man.

You are welcome and yeah you can change some settings from the config files itself. I have customized my graphics settings through them to give me "the most bang for the buck" since there are few settings you want to keep as high as possible for gameplay reasons, like scene complexity. The higher this is the more FPS it eats away, but setting it too low makes it so that you cannot see inside buildings through windows because it doesn't render buildings propely from a distance. If you want, I can copy paste some values in here or send them as a PM.

• Like 1

Problem is fixed guys. thanks a ton.