alferret

frustrated with death

Over the last week I have died 4 times. Not through KoS'd or glitching off of buildings or ladders but for no apparent reason. "YOU ARE DEAD"

Once in the room at the bottom of the steps in the fire station NEAF, once in the upstairs room of a piano house in Vibor (closed door) the hospital roof in Vibor and once straight after spawning on the coast in a cafe (the one with tables and a bar in one room) not in Berezino.

Now whilst I fully understand this is an alpha what I don't understand is why all of a sudden over the last week this is happening. I play on 1 or 2 different servers, I don't server hop as I like continuity (if I can't gear up in place A I tamp to place B )

The deaths have occurred at different times of the day on servers that generally have a population of less than 10.

Has something changed in the game mechanics after the last patch? I could understand glitches in new towns but I don't seem to have issues in those places. It is always in/on more stable area's of the map.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening, am I being stalked by a hacker/script kiddie or just having a run of bad luck.

At no time have I heard shots being fired or heard the ransacking of my cold dead body.

Edited by alferret

I got once "you are dead" while in a building, not logging in or out, just walked in, it was impossible for a sniper to get me , so there probably is a bug.

I keep ruining my pant and shoes for no apparent reason going up stairs all the time. I'm looking more for shoes and pants than anything else constantly.

sounds like a sync issue to me, a miss-communication between the server and client regarding player positioning, once the server updates your client you wind up ripped through walls, falling from buildings and the like, they happen to me infrequently and if i peg it back to the place where i died i generally find my corpse outside a building on the ground or in some cases i figure I've clipped through the floor.
Its a known issue on the bug tracker.
If its affecting you frequently all i can suggest is giving it an upvote :)

If you have died only 4 times in a week, count yourself lucky.

this.

one thing about dying, its nice to include the reason of your death rather than deep cold blooded you are dead, just saying

This happened to me few times. Kinda crappy they still cannot fix this. Hurray for alpha...

When they fix this stuff, players won't use half of it because during alpha they learned to stay away from stairs, ladders, moving on rocks, steep slopes, water, doors and few other things..,xd

I once died to a friend of mine shooting me because he thought i was another player, and took a bullet right to the head

he was about 20 meters away from me and behind me, and i did not hear the gun firing

just so you guys know, there are sound bugs and weapons that can headshot and kill you before the sound reaches you

also, often times weapons just make no sound at all whatsoever for me...

i think sound is far more important than the dev team thinks, because they scheduled it very late,

the sounds are totally botched right now anyway:

say one guy starts eating a can of pasta behind you, the moment you turn around and face him, you will still hear the sound playing behind you, which makes locating the direction sounds come from right now extremely hard...

Died walking down the stairs in NEAF, empty server. 

I agree there should be a more detailed description of how you met death.

Happens to me too, I was changing pants yesterday, I guess the game god was displeased since I got the black DayZ screen of death. C'est la viv en DayZ...

sounds like a sync issue to me, a miss-communication between the server and client regarding player positioning, once the server updates your client you wind up ripped through walls, falling from buildings and the like, they happen to me infrequently and if i peg it back to the place where i died i generally find my corpse outside a building on the ground or in some cases i figure I've clipped through the floor.Its a known issue on the bug tracker.If its affecting you frequently all i can suggest is giving it an upvote :)

The times I have managed to get back to where I died there has been no body to find, I'll get on tracker and upvote it