GedenWhitey

Some servers still running 1.5.6

Anybody know why some servers still run the old patch? And when they will switch to the new one :)

- Whitey

Uhmmm... yeah. I wish they would update. Rather, as long as we are all still sharing a master data base server and persistence it would be nice if servers could be *forced* to update. You know how many players are gearing up in the easier 1.5.6 servers so they have an edge on the much harder 1.5.7 ones? Maybe cutting them off from the central DB until they upgrade would work.

Disgusting.

. . . If that is the reason. . . Then damn, weak ^^ Just annoying I can't play on my regular server with my tents and my stuff :/ especially since the mod finally became interesting again!

- Whitey

Uhmmm... yeah. I wish they would update. Rather' date=' as long as we are all still sharing a master data base server and persistence it would be nice if servers could be *forced* to update. You know how many players are gearing up in the easier 1.5.6 servers so they have an edge on the much harder 1.5.7 ones? Maybe cutting them off from the central DB until they upgrade would work.

Disgusting.

[/quote']

OR... maybe they like 1.5.6 more, and aren't trying to "get an edge," as you say? Maybe this is where the community starts splitting. Many popular mods have a tendency to branch into becoming two different ones... I have a feeling like this might happen here. As long as people are having fun, what does it matter? It's a game after all. I know I'm reverting back to 1.5.6. I dislike the new addition. But hey, it's an alpha.

Its an alpha so everyone should update to the newest version. It doesnt matter if you like the old one better. Nubs are gonna wreck this mod

Its an alpha so everyone should update to the newest version. It doesnt matter if you like the old one better. Nubs are gonna wreck this mod

From what I'm reading, there are a lot of DayZ veterans and Arma II veterans that prefer it both ways. Blaming it on "Nubs" is a sign of your cognitive dissonance; it's also fallacious reasoning.

Well have to agree with Bayers, peeps not updating to newest version, checking for new flaws, unbalanced stuff etc. are not helping the mod... And playing a mod in alpha and beta is about helping it get build and finding bugs - it isn't about I like version something more and therefor play it :) So in regard to that they are nubs ;) and if enough do it it could stagnate the development and thereby wreck the mod. . .

- Whitey

An alpha is made for testing. Those refusing to test further because they like it how it was a few days ago are exactly the kind of people who you don't want to test a videogame.

Leaving this in General and not moving to Server General because I suspect we may see a debate arise. ;)

An alpha is made for testing. Those refusing to test further because they like it how it was a few days ago are exactly the kind of people who you don't want to test a videogame.

Leaving this in General and not moving to Server General because I suspect we may see a debate arise. ;)

Exactly! ;)

I've voiced this opinion on other threads today but maybe this is where we need rocket to find a way to create a "pure" server system, just for the latest alpha *test* updates and with a separate persistence data base. Also make it clear to those server hosts (and players) that complaining about or seeking support for an outdated version is prohibited. You are either an *alpha tester* or you are not, IMHO.

From what I'm reading' date=' there are a lot of DayZ veterans and Arma II veterans that prefer it both ways. Blaming it on "Nubs" is a sign of your cognitive dissonance; it's also fallacious reasoning.

[/quote']

Sorry, nub. Did I hurt your feelings?

If you complain about 1.5.6 servers, much more anyoing are servers with a password or "locked" servers.

Wow I remember the old CS days pre-source ..... it was like it or lump it with each new patch and people had to adapt ..... that's the view everyone should take considering its an alpha not "release".

I did not enjoy 1.5.6 as much as 1.5.5 because it broke zombie count to almost nothing making ZERO tension in the game and turning it into almost pure PvP.

As most people have said, deal with it.

Exactly! ;)

I've voiced this opinion on other threads today but maybe this is where we need rocket to find a way to create a "pure" server system' date=' just for the latest alpha *test* updates and with a separate persistence data base. Also make it clear to those server hosts (and players) that complaining about or seeking support for an outdated version is prohibited. You are either an *alpha tester* or you are not, IMHO.

[/quote']

^ This here is what's up. When the game was patched to 1.5.6 just as the influx of new players came in, and the low zombie BUG emerged (yes, 50-200 zombies on full servers WAS a bug), you did not see older players trying to revert back to 1.5.5 because the game was so drastically different now.

You saw us (I know I can say this for myself) still trying to help with testing the game, posting threads about the bug, making people aware of it and getting people in the discussion. This was all the while all the trigger happy newbs were free ranging in cities going loot crazy. Now the game is back to a state that is closer to the original concept, I for one along with many others, new and old players, are having fun.

It's completely possible to survive and get loot with the current state of the game. I experienced it first hand with a brand new char going into Cherno. Learn to "ADAPT".

From what I'm reading' date=' there are a lot of DayZ veterans and Arma II veterans that prefer it both ways. Blaming it on "Nubs" is a sign of your cognitive dissonance; it's also fallacious reasoning.

[/quote']

u mad? my words to big for you?

[/quote']

Nah, you just look like a retard. I bet you play a lot of CO-OP, you strike me as that type of person.

[/quote']

Nah, you just look like a retard. I bet you play a lot of CO-OP, you strike me as that type of person.

why u mad?

Trolls trolling trolls.

Bayers, I already warned you once, and so I'm warning you again. Next time, you'll be banned.

Drewmaw, you get a warning too.

I'm still playing 1.5.6.

As a solo player, 1.5.7 is unplayable. There are still plenty of things I can help test in the 1.5.6 version.

And the reason plenty of servers are still running 1.5.6 is because they realize 1.5.7 is borderline broken.

DaPessimist, again, I don't think you understand your duties as an alpha tester if you think it's okay to play a previous version because it's not 'broken.'

[/quote']

I think tossers like you ruin this mod and ArmA.