Zombielicious

Signal Flare... is it possible?

i was wondering if it was possible to have some kind of signal flare to shoot up into the sky... i noticed it was really hard finding your friends to group up with (especially without a map/compass), but with a signal flare, it's easier for you guys to find each other, BUT, you weight the risk of giving your positions to other players, bandits, and the new roaming zombies!!! you can even use that as a decoy/distraction to get away or whatever... i thought it might be a great addition to the already awesome game!

You can throw a flare strait into the air, and it lights up the entire country side. Or you can get an m203 flare

There is that sort of flare already implemented, and they are for the M16/M203 found in military bases. They are called M203 flares, they even come in different colors.

Yeah the M203 flares are basically made for that.

I suppose a handheld flare gun could be handy, but who would trade that for their pistol?

nice!!! i definitely need to find that now! so does the flare stay up in the sky for a while? dude can't wait to log on tonight!

Pretty sure the flare gun was an ACE thing. Personally don't really see it being necessary. Waste of a slot and ammo.

I want to say I remember a post by Rocket that said it wouldn't be terribly hard to implement. I'd imagine this sort of thing is taking a backseat to game functionality.

It's not that bad of an idea. I've used flares to flush out attackers in Cherno before. We were both in cover at night, I lit his building up with flares to try and make him think he'd be a target for other bandits. It worked, too. You never know when an item like this would come in handy. If the gun took up 2 or 4 slots it wouldn't be so bad to have in an ALICE pack.

Yeah a more accessible flare gun would be pretty good. I use the under barrel for this mostly, though a more ubiquitous one would be pretty good. Flares are pretty common fare around docks and other naval places. Should just be a one time use thing like a frag grenade. It would be really funny if it caused the zombies to begin running in different directions. I'd love to watch some guy crawl through a town only to be hit by a flare and covered in zombies.

Yeah the M203 flares are basically made for that.

I suppose a handheld flare gun could be handy' date=' but who would trade that for their pistol?

[/quote']

I'd gladly trade my sidearm out for a flare gun to fuck about with.

I agree, a signal flare should be more easily accessible instead of having to find an M203 flare (extremely rare, both the gun and flare)

I think a flare gun that would use your sidearm slot would be a great idea