Sign in to follow this  
DevilDog (DayZ)

Status effect - Addiction

Ok, so in this game you down pain killers and shoot up morphine to cure certain things. I think if you take too many pain killers or too much morphine in a certain time frame you should develop a new status effect - Addiction.

Addiction

Symptoms- When a player becomes addicted they will begin to shake (similar to the pain effect). They will also sweat more and have a racing heart beat which would increase the need for food and water. Severe cases of addiction will result in vomiting.

Causes- Taking too many pain killers or morphine shots in a short time frame.

Treatment- You can temporarily relieve you addiction symptoms by taking more pain killers or morphine, this will make the symptoms worse when they return and eventually lead to severe addiction. To completely cure the addiction you have to suffer with the symptoms until your addiction passes. Sugar helps speed this process so drink some cokes to speed it up.

I think if the whiskey had some use in game you could also use this for whiskey as well.

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea, but how much morphine and painkillers would you have to take in order to be addicted? +1'ing it regardless.

Sounds like a good idea' date=' but how much morphine and painkillers would you have to take in order to be addicted? +1'ing it regardless.

[/quote']

No idea really. That is more for the true developers to figure out. I think in game form something along the lines of 4 pain killers or 3 morphine shots in an hour would kick off you addiction. Just throwing that out there, I really have no clue though haha.

Very cool.

Too make it a little less punishing than what you developed, I was seeing an additional icon (like Hunger or Thirst); when in the red the symptoms kick in.

I'd like to see this too. I'm sure it's been thought of by Rocket and co.

Hopefully this will get implemented at somepoint, when they have time :)