Sign in to follow this  
commanderbash

Gather/Process dynamic for the creation of some items

gather process mechanic  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Gather at point A, process at point B = item you want, sound good?

• yes
    • no
    • huh?

with current item creation there are likely locations to find resource, but it's completely random if they're there or not. leading to some items taking anywhere from minutes to days to find and create, and it works, but the hit and miss system of it can be tedious; case in point me and three friends searched the area surrounding berezino for 2 hours and couldn't find a boar despite our knowledge of their location. I was thinking that'd it be nice to have areas of definite material spawn like a textile factory, that could be brought to some where and processed into a product like clothing, there are many games that do this to some degree but the one I'm thinking of is Altis life.

for example there could be a texile plant in berezino that makes cloth suitable for a backpack, and a plant in novy sober equipped to turn that fabric into a book bag.

its a completely different gathering mechanic to the current one that is based on mine and process, compared to random chance, but can be used in tandem with the current mechanic.

its benefits are:

its server hop proof (no travel = no item)

it gives a set time to get the item you want (travel time to town A + travel time to town B )

its raid proof(assuming the resource at the gather point was infinite)

there could be dozens of resource and processing plants spread all across the map each suitable for some specific purpose from clothing to Kevlar, from bags to boxes.

if they're placed far enough from each other they wouldn't offer much in terms of an advantage but rather a more stable average for finding a specific item you want

thoughts?

Edited by commanderbash