johan (DayZ)

Combining flashlights with weapons?

As the title says I was thinking of the possibility to combine flashlights and various guns using things like adhesive tape (i.e. taping that flashlight to your AKM). The negative downsides would, of course, be that things like chemlights and flares might be a bit less useful or used less + the intense feeling of having someone light your way while you're in front with a hatchet, ready to kill zombies will go away in some cases. Tape would be found pretty much everywhere, I guess, seeing as how useful it is in all walks of life.

I just figured I'd throw the suggestion out there, seeing as how many weapons had a flashlight integrated into them in arma 2 (if I remember correctly, it's been a good time since I played it) this would maybe be doable without that much hassle?

Anyway think of it as you will.

• Like 1

Find duct tape and add it to the gun? That sounds good to me, but I would make guns that come with a light already have a stronger light. Like maybe an LED light so your more tempted to take them over you duct taped gun light.

Well theres a few weapons that actually got a Flashlight attachment.

Glock 17

Remington 870

I'm not sure if any other weapons got a Flashlight on them.

Yeah. What I meant is that you could add your flashlight to a weapon like the lee in an ad hoc manner. As Rokor said there could always be some sort of negative part to it, but all in all it felt like something I would do if I couldn't hold a flashlight in one hand and fire my pistol in the other hand.

Make the weapon a bit unsteady or something.

• Like 1

Yeah. What I meant is that you could add your flashlight to a weapon like the lee in an ad hoc manner. As Rokor said there could always be some sort of negative part to it, but all in all it felt like something I would do if I couldn't hold a flashlight in one hand and fire my pistol in the other hand.

Make the weapon a bit unsteady or something.

I am not so sure about duct-taping flashlights to guns as there are a few that actually come with flashlights already and have it as an addable feature to every gun would cheapen the ones that have it....

I do agree with the idea of one hand holding a flashlight the other hand holding a sidearm with an accuracy penalty. It would give a tactical advantage to someone with a flashlight integrated into their gun. This would also avoid totally neutering players at night that don’t have weapons with flashlights on them or Night Vision Goggles.

Well theres a few weapons that actually got a Flashlight attachment.

Glock 17

Remington 870

I'm not sure if any other weapons got a Flashlight on them.

There is actually an M4 variety that has a light as well, though, am unsure if they have added it to DayZ. Arma 2 has several weapons with lights attached.

But in conclusion I like the idea.

Edited by VISION305

There is actually an M4 variety that has a light as well, though, am unsure if they have added it to DayZ. Arma 2 has several weapons with lights attached.

But in conclusion I like the idea.

You are referring to the M4A3 CCO, it has a working flashlight attachment.

Hmm ... what if there was a suit that you could wear that had a built in flashlight on the shoulder area ?

Edited by Recon-Unit

Duct tape would be a really cool addition. Not only could you tape lights to guns but you could make dual mags and other cool stuff.