pointdexter

keys don't working

if i try to start dayz i join a server and keep my directions on the AWSD keys like w forward, s backwards, a left and d right.

now i try to walk and all it does if i hit W my character lays down. left and right works while laying down, when i stand aand d looks sideways.

arrow up and down zooms in and out.

no keys are set double.

i tried setting it to DayZ mod and Arma II mod.

can anybody help me with this?

i'm going nuts about these movements.

Are your legs broken?

You can't walk with broken legs.

• Like 1

if i try to start dayz i join a server and keep my directions on the AWSD keys like w forward, s backwards, a left and d right.

now i try to walk and all it does if i hit W my character lays down. left and right works while laying down, when i stand aand d looks sideways.

arrow up and down zooms in and out.

no keys are set double.

i tried setting it to DayZ mod and Arma II mod.

can anybody help me with this?

i'm going nuts about these movements.

Reset all the movement keys to default

Edited by Zippit

Are your legs broken?

You can't walk with broken legs.

@ Dchil: I'm sorry, but when you spawn for the first time my legs shouldn't be broken

@ Zippit: i already set my controls to default, restarted my computer, re-downloaded the game, tried every possible setting, but nothing helps.

Re-install your keyboard driver.

If your driver is corrupted, you can get some weird errors.

Right click computer, manage, device manager, find your usb keyboard device, right click, update driver.

Right click computer, manage, device manager, find your usb keyboard device, right click, update driver.

Thought I'd do this for the sake of it, but why is it whenever I use Device Manager it shows as the best drivers are already installed. Even if I don't have any drivers installed for that component! 

Also, why is my Naga showing as a keyboard?!

Thought I'd do this for the sake of it, but why is it whenever I use Device Manager it shows as the best drivers are already installed. Even if I don't have any drivers installed for that component! 

It all depends on what version of windows you are on, and if you use windows update.

If you are on 7X64, and all your drivers are installed, it will usually say they're the best, until update says differently.

And your NAGA is showing up as a keyboard because you have a keypad on the side. There should be another NAGA under Mice and other pointing devices.

i'm sorry but whenever i go to try to update my keyboard driver it says that my driver is already up to date

this is what i'm seeing, i deleted the keyboards and re-installed them, it still is the same:

9qfrz4.jpg

Google who made your device and what drivers there are to download, I tend to do that for all my drivers instead of using Windows Device Manager

• Like 1

i'm sorry but whenever i go to try to update my keyboard driver it says that my driver is already up to date

this is what i'm seeing, i deleted the keyboards and re-installed them, it still is the same:

Yeah, i would be careful though, make sure that you know you have the right driver before you uninstall the current one.

Yeah, i would be careful though, make sure that you know you have the right driver before you uninstall the current one.

I was carefull, i deleted the previous one and installed the new one,

i still have the problem that even after a restart off my pc and restarting the game (with setting the controls)

that they still don't work.

not even the other controls make me go sideways, back or walk forward.

all i can do is still slide all directions.

so what can i do otherwise?????

I was carefull, i deleted the previous one and installed the new one,

i still have the problem that even after a restart off my pc and restarting the game (with setting the controls)

that they still don't work.

not even the other controls make me go sideways, back or walk forward.

all i can do is still slide all directions.

so what can i do otherwise?????

My next step would be to try a new keyboard and see if the problem still happens.

My next step would be to try a new keyboard and see if the problem still happens.

the weird thing is that i had 4 keyboards laying around in a storing area, and when i installed them my pc installed new software with em, and i checked the serialnumbers or/and the type numers on the board

and looked up the software that goes with them.

The games that i always use all work fine with all my keyboards like: DoD:S, BF2, BF3, BF4, Arma II, Garry'smod, minecraft, ETS2 and a lot more (lol)

i just wonder why this is the only game that gives me so much F'ing trouble for the first time, cause i had this game installed a few months ago, deleted it because i needed the space on my Hdd, and it all worked perfectly.

i still hope that i can get this fixed, haha, i don't care if it takes a onth to fix, i just want a lot of options to try, LOL

the weird thing is that i had 4 keyboards laying around in a storing area, and when i installed them my pc installed new software with em, and i checked the serialnumbers or/and the type numers on the board

and looked up the software that goes with them.

The games that i always use all work fine with all my keyboards like: DoD:S, BF2, BF3, BF4, Arma II, Garry'smod, minecraft, ETS2 and a lot more (lol)

i just wonder why this is the only game that gives me so much F'ing trouble for the first time, cause i had this game installed a few months ago, deleted it because i needed the space on my Hdd, and it all worked perfectly.

i still hope that i can get this fixed, haha, i don't care if it takes a onth to fix, i just want a lot of options to try, LOL

Another thing you could try is using a 3rd party software to control your keyboard. Things like the steelseries engine or the Razer engine might make your keyboard less crazy.