Sign in to follow this  
Fiskbatch

Hungry vehicles, hungry tents and hungry packs

Date/Time:

What happened:

Tents/vehicles/packs eat items at times. The Coyote patrol pack has for example been eating a couple of rifles (I know that the starter pack is 8 spaces and rifles take 10). So if you put a rifle in a too small pack, it disappears. Tents and vehicles have also been eating a couple of my items now. GPS, NVG, M4A3 CCO(which btw shouldn't be firing semi/auto, should it? But semi/burst) and other things.

Where you were:

Different places.

What you were doing:

Trying to store my items.

*Current installed version:

1.7.1.5 w. latest beta patch

*Server(s) you were on:

Eu110

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error:

I try to put things into the vehicle/tent/pack and the items disappear. Sometimes the items are moved to the ground beneath/beside the vehicle or tent, but not always. This bug seems to occur only to important and rare items, sadly :(.

Yeah I stated in another topic that I lost a ton of hardware this way. I don't loot run too much now since I don't have a reliable way to save items.

Yeah I stated in another topic that I lost a ton of hardware this way. I don't loot run too much now since I don't have a reliable way to save items.

I've lost additional things now. It seems to be so that when storage rooms are full, they eat whatever is put inside. So be mighty careful when attempting to put valuable stuff inside a storage room. If you have a less valuable rifle inside the storage area and want to store something else, I suggest that you take out the less valuable one and then put the better one in. This way you won't lose it. You may lose the last rifle you put in, but at least it's not as imporant. ^^

I lose alot of ammo this way. If I have 10 slots open for a rifle, and I move it to my bag it automatically moves ammo for the gun from my inventory to a full bag. The ammo disappears because it's trying to put magazines into the then full bag. Same for pistols. Makes no sense. Why does it not just leave the ammo in my inventory where it has space already?

Most of the time, items that are put into full inventories and other storages are now dropped onto the floor in SEPARATE piles. In my past experiences rifles can glitch into the landscape or may be dropped a far distance away from the storage. I advise you to check the storage and make sure it is now filled with many items already (IE: A car with a shitload of guns food water jerry cans) and try to get enough items to fill in the slot for something rare before you put it in.

As for the pack problem, usually the ammo will be scattered around the ground where you are instead of replacing the rifle in the pack..But this may differ depending on the items. If this happens every time just try to drop all the ammo in one area, place the rifle into your pack, and pick the ammo back up again. This will prevent any danger of losing a rare rifle or other item of that sort, although being quite a hassle.

Most of the time' date=' items that are put into full inventories and other storages are now dropped onto the floor in SEPARATE piles. In my past experiences rifles can glitch into the landscape or may be dropped a far distance away from the storage. I advise you to check the storage and make sure it is now filled with many items already (IE: A car with a shitload of guns food water jerry cans) and try to get enough items to fill in the slot for something rare before you put it in.

As for the pack problem, usually the ammo will be scattered around the ground where you are instead of replacing the rifle in the pack..But this may differ depending on the items. If this happens every time just try to drop all the ammo in one area, place the rifle into your pack, and pick the ammo back up again. This will prevent any danger of losing a rare rifle or other item of that sort, although being quite a hassle.

[/quote']

This happens at times, yes. But recently I have never found my items. Even with hard searching. The grass doesn't really make it easier to find them, if it's even possible to find them, that is.

Man, wish I had read these forums first. Lost my rifle, bow, and hatchet before I realized what they were totally gone. I was inside a building when all this happened. I did not see them on the floor anywhere.

Time to get sneaky...

Man' date=' wish I had read these forums first. Lost my rifle, bow, and hatchet before I realized what they were totally gone. I was inside a building when all this happened. I did not see them on the floor anywhere.

Time to get sneaky...

[/quote']

Ugh yeah, I keep forgetting to check that too. Lost my AS50 today.

Creeped up to devils castle, see some guy popping zombies from the tower, open pack to grab my AS50....SHIT! :(

The loot doesn't disappear, it drops on the ground 10m away from you.

Yes I've lost two rifles to my bag so far. Odd thing is I think it converted them both to 4 mags for the respected rifle. M16 turned into stanag clips and a m14 turned into dmr clips