Sign in to follow this  
domonos

Sniper issues and ideas

This is going to be about my opinions on what can be fixed or tweaked in sniping and also what can be added to help sniping.

1. The sway, It is absolutely rediculous and unrealistic now a days and it did not used to be this way. Realistic would be about half as much sway. It is almost impossible to hit a mid to long range shot now. Im talking 400+ meters. I know im not the only one that thinks this I have seen more complaints than I can count in a hour.

2. The mosin should have a bipod again but not the atlas bipod because that one is a rail bipod OR Maybe have a crafting recipe where you can duct tape the atlas bipod to the mosin. Duct tape + Bipod+mosin= bipod on mosin. You could also put in a old school bipod that squeezes onto the barrel of the gun, the mosin had at least 3 or 4 bipods for it like that in real life.

3. MORE SNIPERS. Yes I know the cz-527 is coming but it is not the long range, high stopping power beast like I would prefer. There are a few real nice sniper rifles that fit the games setting and are long range and high stopping power . Obviously the SVD/Dragunov and  the newer SV-98 they are perfect sniper rifles for this game.

4. The kind of side suggestion/question where are the ghillie suits I mean I know about the ghillie coming out for guns but what about the suits are those still coming in?

Thats all for now and let me know what you guys think.

• Like 1

As my signature says....

"Killing from distance less then 700 meters is not sniping." - Frosti

i think you better should use the search function next time...

EVERY single point was postet long before.

and alot of us hope this is not turning into another "SNIPER" Simulator...

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

As my signature says....

"Killing from distance less then 700 meters is not sniping." - Frosti

Yeah saw that on that thread but then he was halfway proved wrong by the definition of sniping so maybe you should change that lol

i think you better should use the search function next time...

EVERY single point was postet long before.

search function wasnt working for me

Have you ever thought about playing ARMA?

There is everything you can dream of for snipers in ARMA and no one will complain you are just another KOS scrub.

• Like 1

1. Sway is perfectly fine . I have no problem hitting people with it with iron sights at 300m so with optics it should be even easier.

2. No bipod for the mosin its silly that it would have one as there is no easy way to mount one nor was one ever issued for it. The LRS should also be removed as time goes on and more suitable rifles are added for it. Althought today the m4, 10/22, and blaze 95 all are optics ready meanwhile the mosin should not.

3. The game is perfectly fine with or without high end sniper rifles. The cz 527 is also not a precision rifle nor is the mosin.

Have you ever thought about playing ARMA?

There is everything you can dream of for snipers in ARMA and no one will complain you are just another KOS scrub.

Yeah I play it sometimes but I love the survival apocalypse feeling of dayz. Helping people out and making friends and then killing baddies I personally feel theres no other game like it.

This is going to be about my opinions on what can be fixed or tweaked in sniping and also what can be added to help sniping.

1. The sway, It is absolutely rediculous and unrealistic now a days and it did not used to be this way. Realistic would be about half as much sway. It is almost impossible to hit a mid to long range shot now. Im talking 400+ meters. I know im not the only one that thinks this I have seen more complaints than I can count in a hour.

2. The mosin should have a bipod again but not the atlas bipod because that one is a rail bipod OR Maybe have a crafting recipe where you can duct tape the atlas bipod to the mosin. Duct tape + Bipod+mosin= bipod on mosin. You could also put in a old school bipod that squeezes onto the barrel of the gun, the mosin had at least 3 or 4 bipods for it like that in real life.

3. MORE SNIPERS. Yes I know the cz-527 is coming but it is not the long range, high stopping power beast like I would prefer. There are a few real nice sniper rifles that fit the games setting and are long range and high stopping power . Obviously the SVD/Dragunov and  the newer SV-98 they are perfect sniper rifles for this game.

4. The kind of side suggestion/question where are the ghillie suits I mean I know about the ghillie coming out for guns but what about the suits are those still coming in?

you seem like a try hard sniper KOS kid who needs all your sniper needs and peeves. 

"MOAR SNIPERSZZ!!" "DAT SNIPER ISNT A SNIPER GUN, NOT GOOD ENOUGH".

"I NEED PURFECT SNIPER"

need bipod on mosin? boo fucking hoo.

• Like 1

1. Sway is perfectly fine . I have no problem hitting people with it with iron sights at 300m so with optics it should be even easier.

2. No bipod for the mosin its silly that it would have one as there is no easy way to mount one nor was one ever issued for it. The LRS should also be removed as time goes on and more suitable rifles are added for it. Althought today the m4, 10/22, and blaze 95 all are optics ready meanwhile the mosin should not.

3. The game is perfectly fine with or without high end sniper rifles. The cz 527 is also not a precision rifle nor is the mosin.

1.sway gets worse with optics.

2.several bipods were used for the mosin. 2 were even issued soooooo.....

3. the mosin has enough range to be a sniper rifle and has the stopping power of a sniper rifle but by definition it is not a sniper rifle I just call it that in this game.

you seem like a try hard sniper KOS kid who needs all your sniper needs and peeves. 

"I NEED PURFECT SNIPER"

Just some opinions man. You have stated yours and contributed to the thread thank you.

I kill bandits and help people out and have saved many people soooooo

Edited by DomonosDomonos

Please never ask for realism in a game. If you truly want realism just go out into the real world. This is a game and as such many features in the game won't be 'realistic'.

Many many more items/weapons/guns will be added so it stands to reason there will be a few more snipers coming in the next 6 months. What's wrong with the mosin anyway? You're able to 1-shot anything you can aim at with a little bit of accuracy.

I don't see why they won't be coming in, but I'm sure they'll be craftable with netting and foliage rather than just sitting around in a jail/barracks.

You're right, we do need more sniper rifles (and more of most weapon archetypes as well). The Mosin should get a downgrade when that happens, but until then, I'm fine with where it's at (and it really does need the bipod at this point).

Long range shooting does need a significant revamp, in more than one area. More sniper rifles won't necessarily fix any of the issues with it as of now.

Edited by Katana67

1.sway gets worse with optics.

2.several bipods were used for the mosin. 2 were even issued soooooo.....

3. the mosin has enough range to be a sniper rifle and has the stopping power of a sniper rifle but by definition it is not a sniper rifle I just call it that in this game.

1. Sway is the same it just appears amplified due to the magnification . Hold your breath before shooting it works.

2. No standard milspec bipod was ever issued or provided for the mosin nagant in its entire soviet service. Aftermarket ones exist sure but these do not mount on without any gunsmithing and or machining.

3. No such thing as a sniper rifle, a sniper is a person. Range is not the sole requirement to be a precision rifle , accuracy is. Mosin is a service rifle with questionable real life accuracy especially when using surplus machinegun ammo.

"I NEED PURFECT SNIPER"

QFT

Aftermarket ones exist sure but these do not mount on without any gunsmithing and or machining.

Again...

img-combathunting.com_tl-bp08slp.gif

DEBATABLE

Yes, I'm aware this is an SKS. Universal bipods exist.

Edited by Katana67

Again...

img-combathunting.com_tl-bp08slp.gif

DEBATABLE

Yes, I'm aware this is an SKS. Universal bipods exist.

Great a bipod that creates yet another pressure point and lowers the accuracy of a mosin even more.

Some of the Ukrainian separatist had these no ? I remember one being mounted in a picture on what looked like an ar15.

Edited by gibonez

1. Sway is the same it just appears amplified due to the magnification . Hold your breath before shooting it works.

2. No standard milspec bipod was ever issued or provided for the mosin nagant in its entire soviet service. Aftermarket ones exist sure but these do not mount on without any gunsmithing and or machining.

3. No such thing as a sniper rifle, a sniper is a person. Range is not the sole requirement to be a precision rifle , accuracy is. Mosin is a service rifle with questionable real life accuracy especially when using surplus machinegun ammo.

1. I hold my breath and it is still rediculous.

2. Mosin bipods exist true and some even just squeeze to the barrel.

3.A marksman is what you would prefer or a marksman rifle for weapon type? I just call them what the rest of the everyday people do sniper rifles and snipers.

Great a bipod that creates yet another pressure point and lowers the accuracy of a mosin even more.

I'm not commenting on the accuracy of Mosins.

Bipods can be mounted easily to them sans machining/gunsmithing.

The only 'bi-pod' available for the mosin should be a burlap sack with sand/dirt in it.

Get to s sniping spot, take out the sack, fill with earth/sand, take out the mosin and rest it on the sack. Once you are done, empty the sack, pop it in your pack and move on.

Duct-taping a altas one to the mosin should be an option, but it should require you to have to 'fix' it every 2nd shot or something. If you've taped it on it's going to come off from the kick of the shots.