mindmyself

So I found a Remington

...and I wanted to kill two guys with it.

It took me 4 shots with the Remington to get the first guy to lay his face down, then I was able to shot 3 times to the other guy while he shot once with his M4A1 and knocked me out with an instant while he was still g2g...

explaination? Why is it that everytime I get shot with full 12.000 Blood I get knock out or even die, while everytime I try to shoot somebody, they take like a million hits like its a f*** MMO-Boss. That mostly happend to me with military graded weapons. Even with Sniper rifles

Question. Have you ever played Arma 2 before Dayz? aka do you know how the hit detection in this game works. If not, there's your problem.

Well I guess if I see the guy I shot bleeding, I'm pretty sure that he got hit...

Without details hard to know.

Some possible words: Effective Range, Head/Chest shots instead of arms & legs, bad hit detection, bad aim, lag

Without details hard to know.

Some possible words: Effective Range' date=' Head/Chest shots instead of arms & legs, bad hit detection, bad aim, lag

[/quote']

Well I was like 2m away from both of these guys I shot with the Remington and had my aim dead center.

There is generally a big delay from shooting to the person actually dying, and it gets worse the higher your or that persons ping is.

Basically, shoot, wait behind cover, especially if you use a powerful gun. Standing and sparing does not work as the engine in general is not that good, in terms of animation.

As others have said, there is a delay in the damage. Easy to see when you shoot a zombie then wait to see him run a step and fall over. Sometimes if you don't wait for them to update the damage into their blood meter, you overdo the shooting.

Pretend there is a 1 second delay from shooting to hit, no matter the distance, then another 1 second delay for the damage to appear. Ping is how long it takes the packet to reach the other user and transmit that it arrived, so 300 ping is 300ms, or roughly 0.3 seconds. Take into account that there could be packet loss, so that ping means very little if they only recieve half the information (they see you fired 1 round, when you fired 3).

This goes both ways. Generally, I pretend it takes twice as many rounds to kill a player as it does a zombie, but guns like high powered rifles (M24, Lee Enfield, CZ550) are usually a 1-hit kill with the player bleeding to death in short order. 2 shotgun slugs should have killed the first guy at close range (15 meters, give or take), maybe 3. That other guy is probably pretty messed up.

QUICK EDIT: If you hit someone with a Lee Enfield and they don't die, it could be your connection. Try playing on servers with less than 100 ping for you, and make sure your connection is good (open the right ports, run a free speed test on Speedtest.net, etc)

EDIT: Fixed an Error in time.

As others have said' date=' there is a delay in the damage. Easy to see when you shoot a zombie then wait to see him run a step and fall over. Sometimes if you don't wait for them to update the damage into their blood meter, you overdo the shooting.

Pretend there is a 1 second delay from shooting to hit, no matter the distance, then another 1 second delay for the damage to appear. Ping is how long it takes the packet to reach the other user and transmit that it arrived, so 300 ping is 300ms, or roughly 3 seconds. Take into account that there could be packet loss, so that ping means very little if they only recieve half the information (they see you fired 1 round, when you fired 3).

This goes both ways. Generally, I pretend it takes twice as many rounds to kill a player as it does a zombie, but guns like high powered rifles (M24, Lee Enfield, CZ550) are usually a 1-hit kill with the player bleeding to death in short order. 2 shotgun slugs should have killed the first guy at close range (15 meters, give or take), maybe 3. That other guy is probably pretty messed up.

QUICK EDIT: If you hit someone with a Lee Enfield and they don't die, it could be your connection. Try playing on servers with less than 100 ping for you, and make sure your connection is good (open the right ports, run a free speed test on Speedtest.net, etc)

[/quote']

300ms ping is .3 seconds. 1000 milliseconds = 1 second

Pretend there is a 1 second delay from shooting to hit' date=' no matter the distance, then another 1 second delay for the damage to appear.

[/quote']

OH MY GOD!

It is like you play with Gantz guns.

Pretend there is a 1 second delay from shooting to hit' date=' no matter the distance, then another 1 second delay for the damage to appear.

[/quote']

OH MY GOD!

It is like you play with Gantz guns.

More like airsoft guns.

Between your lag, server lag and the other person's lag, you might as well expect the damage to not be instant. If it is, awesome. If it isn't, you expected it.

There is generally a big delay from shooting to the person actually dying' date=' and it gets worse the higher your or that persons ping is.

Basically, shoot, wait behind cover, especially if you use a powerful gun. Standing and sparing does not work as the engine in general is not that good, in terms of animation.

[/quote']

Really? Seriously? Is this an Arma issue or something they should be able to Fix in DayZ?

1 word: Desync and terrible arma 2 engine that register shots and send them after you are done going to the poopoo and reading the newspaper.

Happenned to me as well, I surprise a guy point blank in a barrack, unload 15 AKM bullets into his body while he is looking at some loot, he stop looting, turn 90 degrees, shoot me 2-3 times, and then we both die.

GG.

Thats how retarded slow it is, so take it into consideration.

Sometimes its perfect, well almost, people die relatively fast some other time, like that one time I describe, shit hit the fan, hardcore.

Everything is fixable, especialy if its software.

I really like the remington btw. Pretty accurate, pretty powerful, ammo is plentiful and it has a flashlight.

really all you have to do is take cover after getting one or two shots off. The damage will register and you can come back out and finish them off / loot them.

I've never had this problem honestly, not saying you didn't aim for the head or anything of that nature. (Because I sure hope you did.) And if you didn't, well... That's the reason, the guy with the M4 was probably a bit more expierenced and was a better shot than you. (Don't get offended) and that's the reason why he got you down faster, now as for the first guy, I'm not sure, the factor of your aim still comes into play. It's just like if you shot some guy in the arm, the leg and all that. They wouldn't just die instantly it would take a couple of shots too the body too bring him down.