Sign in to follow this  
federik21

Introducing Faction's Suggestion

I got an interesting idea on how put factions in game.

The good ones, Chernarus Counter Zeds Force (CCZF) and the

Bandits United (BU), the evil one. (I know names are terrible)

APPARENCE:

GOOD: military clotches, with a blue wrist band.

EVIL: bandit skin, with a red wrist band.

I suggest to lock the skins by joining (so no ghillie in factions).

PREFACE:

Introducing a new toolbelt item, RADIO. It will have a broadcast channel and a secret faction channel unocked after joining it.

JOINING A FACTION WON'T BE SO EASY, the most of the players on the server's would be neutral survivors (not affiliated to a faction)

JOINING GOOD:

A broadcast message will be sent once or twice per day (as a subtitle) of an extration point, one hour before extration. Securing the extration zone will be a mission for the CCZF members (BU could listen to broadcast channel, somaybe be attracted).

Once there, heli/boat/car extration will be performed in few minutes.

JOINING EVIL:

Killing survivors and CCZF (but no BU). This will generate a message on the secret radio channel to all BU members (a new mission) to meet you.

Then wait for some BU member to come, and then use a contextual action to join them.

HQs:

HQs are places outside the map, unreachable for everyone.

Getting back to hq will make all your gear disappear (it would be confiscated), but when you decide to get back to Chernarus you will be able to choose equipment related to your grade (increased by complete mission and kill other faction's members), base equipment should be makarov and ak74su or a similiar good weapon, Assault pack, and all the magazines, medicines and food you want.

You still will be able to take better weapons and backpaks once back in Chernarus.

GETTING TO THE HQ, GOOD:

Analogue to the JOINING paragraph.

GETTING TO THE HQ, EVIL:

A Comunication on the secret faction's radio channel will be sent.

note that i don't want to have frequent extrations, because extrations would be really expensive in a zombie apocalipse (nobody wants to see too air or sea traffic in the game), and it's reasonable to have members out for days to complete missions.

GETTING TO CHERNOGORSK GOOD and EVIL:

You will be able to spawn in certaint places border map, or, it there is an extration in progress, there.

MISSIONS, GOOD AND EVIL:

Will be sent on the faction's secret radio channel. Type depends on the number of faction's members in the server:

GET FUEL, FOOD, WATER, ECC...

BU ONLY: ARRANGE A MEETING -see joining evil

CCZF ONLY: SECURE EXTRATION POINT - see jooining good

if more than 10 faction's members:

SEIZING THE AREA, killing all zeds and capturing. No zeds will no longer spawn in the area while it is capped.

ASSAULT A SEIZED AREA, Just uncap a area.

SURVIVORS:

Not joining a faction will have some consequences:

You will be able to recognize good from evils sometime (CCZF lose exp if they kill survivors, BU gains it instead).

Paranoia about go into a city and see survivors will remain (since some survivors will became bandits for getting into the evil faction, and note that joining a faction is not so easy).

Nobody would confiscate your gear, and you can keep playing as you are already doing now.

Cool, isn't it?

well if it wont be balanced well it could be realy bad but i see this as not bad idiea a similar suggestion was on the forum but this one is better :)

AS I SAID:

JOINING A FACTION WON'T BE SO EASY, the most of the players on the server's would be neutral survivors (not affiliated to factions)

I think 33% of the server's ppl should be member of a faction (and located in different spots of chernarus).

Remember also that if you die you'll have to rejoin the faction.

At now, Dayz is a FFA deathmatch with zombies in the middle.

I shoot on sight at everithing and so other players do.

Teaming up is possible only with steam friends. Saying "im friend im friend" is useless if you are not on the beach.

You want a faction? Start/join a clan and be which ever faction you want to be.

I am not against factions in games, just don't think it fits this game.

You want a faction? Start/join a clan and be which ever faction you want to be.

I am not against factions in games' date=' just don't think it fits this game.

[/quote']

YEP!

I think this should be an alternative to joining a clan searching on google for members, that is not part of the game.

Hey,I got a idea. How about you learn to play on DAYZ servers that has side chat enabled? Yes, I fucking know that most servers don't got it anymore due to the update, but some do. Maybe you'll actually find some friendlys on the correct server.. as I have met up with fifteen survivors that are all friendly on one server in three hours. :LOL.

i think rocket was planning to let players create factions and not throw in ready made ones. i also think rocket would try and create a less black and white factions.