Sign in to follow this  
TJBain

Might as well remove the Zombies and call it DayPVP

The Zombies have no purpose in the game now, at first it felt creepy with them hanging around towns and chasing after you, but its pretty easy when you know the game better to lose or evade them. or you can just abort reload the game which just cleans them out of your area.

The game has become a PVP game now, the zombies are just unimportant, Now when we play we mostly just ignore the zombies and go looking for other players, due to anyone we ever meet just shot straight away.

maybe make guns really rare and ammos even rarer, and add loads of melee weapons if they exist on the arma engine.

-

Need more kind of infected stuffs and monstruozities imho :p to make the world far far harder so the pve is almost as dangerous than the players

Dude, this is a survival mod. Zombies are a key piece. Yes they need to be tweaked, and the disconection exploit must be fixed, but still, yesterday I shot a Lee Enfield on Elektro's hill, and aggroed like 30 Zombies. I shit my pants, ran away, and eventually only 1,2 zombies came after me.

But still, after rocket fixes a few things, Zombies will be a major part.

And yes, I agree we must have more Zombie types, and some kind of horde of zombies.

I think the Dev's should make 2 versions of DayZ.

One as a PvE Version with Zombies like them are now and disabled Friendly Fire and a PvP Version where the zombies are like in 1.6.0.1 and friendly fire is allowed.

They should also have 2 own hive databases, so the players that like pvp can play on pvp servers and the players that like pve (like me) will play on the pve servers.

Yeah.

When you overcome the challenges in any situation, do you not naturally seek more interesting, engaging and rewarding challenges?

Sure. Shooting relatively defenceless players is less interesting than zombies, and you're always going to find players who do that. So go hunt down someone's camp and the server's vehicles, or lay an ambush at a gas station. Make the world interesting. Don't rely on spoon-fed stimulus or role play to spice it up.

Do something that's a challenge!

maybe make guns really rare and ammos even rarer' date=' and add loads of melee weapons if they exist on the arma engine.

-

[/quote']

This wouldn't change anything just make people w/ guns search for other people with guns and a bunch of people running around beating each other with axes... chances are people will just kill on sight until they are given a reason not to.

Zombies 'Dun do 'nuffin, ppl are jerks.

'Totes PvP all over 'dis hurr place.

Haet 'dis gaem, nut 'gun play no moar.

No weponz plz, me gusta.

I'm sorry, but from the mountains of this kind of thread that I have read, this is all I read from anyone before even seeing the persons own personal input to the situation. You are mentioning problems which have already been countlessly addressed across the boards, you are not offering specific problems outside of the generic engine of the game which will never change but only improve with patience. You have claimed the obvious, typed before you thought about it, and have brought the horde of those who take sheer enjoyment out of picking people who do this apart with pointless responses.

I, the community, appreciate your opinion on this Alpha Mod.

But please, don't post if you have nothing valuable to say.

Richocet:.