Sign in to follow this  
zyryx

Fall damage buggy?

I had been with this character for awile, was faily geared up, when while searching a barn I walked off the bottom staors while only halfway up. I had been in the bright green energized, hydrated, and healthy state for several hours, yet instant death. Is this normal for the game to kill you from a 1m fall? Live and frikkin learn.

Yes it is. The fallingdamage is a mess, avoid falling from anything more than 10 cm.

Edited by Khanarac

I had been with this character for awile, was faily geared up, when while searching a barn I walked off the bottom staors while only halfway up. I had been in the bright green energized, hydrated, and healthy state for several hours, yet instant death. Is this normal for the game to kill you from a 1m fall? Live and frikkin learn.

In my experience, if you are fully geared and healthy and you trip over a curb you will die but if you are a freshie with nothing you can jump off the silos near solinichny(sp?) and live. That's Dayz physics for ya

In my experience, if you are fully geared and healthy and you trip over a curb you will die but if you are a freshie with nothing you can jump off the silos near solinichny(sp?) and live. That's Dayz physics for ya

You make a good point. I had fallen from this height before with no damage, hence I wasn't being very careful not to fall. I think having all the gear was the difference. You can actually trip over curbs, or was thar sarcasm? :)

You make a good point. I had fallen from this height before with no damage, hence I wasn't being very careful not to fall. I think having all the gear was the difference. You can actually trip over curbs, or was thar sarcasm? :)

Yes, sorry that was me being sarcastic. I have been somewhat geared and fell off of a step, 1 step in the barns with multiple levels and died. My buddy actually made a joke about tripping over the curb and breaking my neck so I just roll with it. Its just one of those quirky things about Dayz

It's because of weight.  When you're unequipped you don't meet the weight requirement to cause injury. If you pick up a shirt, a pair of pants, and a can of beans, then you are subject to the laws of physics, to the extreme. 

Once I wanted to suicide to spawn closer to my friend so I climbed an office building and jumped...0 fall damage....WTF then I climbed the crane in Berezino, jumped off...nothing I didn't die..again WTF