Sign in to follow this  
Matte (DayZ)

Cant start game

I have problems starting the game atm, did work fine some hours ago but now i cant play...

i first started the game with steam but normal i start with game booster so i quited game and started with game booster but now it dont work?  :huh:

any ides? bless

edit: an re-download of the game should fix this but how do i do this?

Edited by Matte

1. Don't use gamebooster. It doesn't work at all.  It uses more CPU than its even worth.
2. Only launch through steam.

3. To delete the game and redownload: Right click the game in steam > Properties > Local Files > Delete Local Game content, but before you do that, just verify game cache.

• Like 1

1. Don't use gamebooster. It doesn't work at all.  It uses more CPU than its even worth.

2. Only launch through steam.

3. To delete the game and redownload: Right click the game in steam > Properties > Local Files > Delete Local Game content, but before you do that, just verify game cache.

thanks for info about the gamebooster but are you sure about it? just curios 

and thanks for other help, installing DayZ atm, i save the files i had before so i hope all is same when im back on :)

edit:

after some own research i have got my answers  :rolleyes:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/112520-13-gamebooster-fact-myth

I haven't used it, but I looked at how it works in the past.

Basically here's the breakdown, if you are a noob PC user (pardon the cliche word, but that's the closest to what I wish to express) that doesn't know how to tune your system for minimal footprint to increase game performance, then yes. The gamebooster will probably give you good boost.

If you are an experienced user that knows how the hell PC/windows works and you know what each and every process in your task manager is for, you probably already have your system tuned to the max. So, using gamebooster in this case won't give you much profit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/1riig6/does_razer_game_booster_actually_work/

Edited by Matte

Posting a new post because it didn't work reinstalling DayZ via Steam, the error that I get while trying to start the game is this

Unable to locate a running instance of Steam

I will try to search for more info

edit:

Damn I need to go research first then ask later  :P

It works now for me now, all I had to do was to restart steam and it worked, but if that don't work for others that got same/similar problems, here is a good thread about this and more info. (sorry for Swedish background but that doesn't matter, the text is in English)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/648814845638065284/?l=swedish

Edited by Matte

Hello there

Steam likes to annoy us everynow and then. Its it's hobby.

Close down steam and ensure its not running any other processes.

After a relaunch it should work. Log off yer PC as well if you feel you can stand the wait.

I usually find its a steam game that hasnt shut down properly.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1