Did a quick search and didn't see any posts about this.

I've notice even when crouched you make as much noise as standing, has there been any mention of reducing noise while crouched our outright implementing a sneak mode. Would be much more helpful especially when certain surfaces make more noise than others alerting players and zombies alike.

there are videos in the internet about sneak tactics , and every position (crouch , stand , or prone .) have different sounds more loud or not , and it would be too much op to no make sound at all in a zombie apocalypse i mean survivors arent ninjas , but there are some helpfull tricks in youtube, im playing rigth now , but ill hand you the video im talking about later ( also you can search it by yourself if you are on hurry)

I'm not talking about being silent, just quite such as a slow movement toggle or something I'll hunt down some videos though.

I'm not talking about being silent, just quite such as a slow movement toggle or something I'll hunt down some videos though.

left shift? 

Edited by LanceroxD

left shift?

I think that just toggles walk/sprint in stand alone I'll have to check though, I may also just be used to years of left shift for sprint, crouch to sneak?

i don't think a sneaking walk would be so op, when there are more zombies (hordes in cities for example) and the goal is to get around them i think it could transform gameplay.

• Like 2

i don't think a sneaking walk would be so op, when there are more zombies (hordes in cities for example) and the goal is to get around them i think it could transform gameplay.

maybe :/ someday soon i hope u.u

I was wondering the same thing.  I have a week under my belt but have been avoiding the high pop servers so I can focus more on getting my habits down for other stuff.  But I am heading onto a high pop server for good today and am now wondering about my noise level vs. what I am doing. 

Crouching I believe still lowers your sound a bit, but it for sure lowers your visibility.

If you're still being heard, just walk over loud surfaces by holding left shift.

i doing the combat roll to make less the noise you go first in the prone position then push Q or E for rolling side direction and nobody listen where you going PRO TIP

one time i was roll all around the town because was some gun i listen before and i was sure is player close so i going prone and rolling every pl;ace and i was survive

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™

Crouching I believe still lowers your sound a bit, but it for sure lowers your visibility.

If you're still being heard, just walk over loud surfaces by holding left shift.

I think the problem is that one of the sound devs seems to have mixed up the audio files for "walk" and "stamp feet as loud as possible while walking"

Walking footsteps are the same volume as full sprint, the only difference is the time lapse between footfalls.

Edited by zeeabo

In real life crouching doesn't make less noise. Indeed, silent movement is more difficult under the strain of crouching. Nor is prone movement silent. When prone, you have a lot more contact with the ground, so of course that's the noisiest stance. Realistically being fully up right, comfortable, and in control is the ideal condition for silence.

All of those stances can be made more silent though by slow movement. So I'm in favor of a slow movement button that modifies all stances.

• Like 2

In real life crouching doesn't make less noise. Indeed, silent movement is more difficult under the strain of crouching. Nor is prone movement silent. When prone, you have a lot more contact with the ground, so of course that's the noisiest stance. Realistically being fully up right, comfortable, and in control is the ideal condition for silence.

All of those stances can be made more silent though by slow movement. So I'm in favor of a slow movement button that modifies all stances.

Realistically you wouldn't move much in prone, but in a crouched stance you move slower you have to be more deliberate with movement which is why this is the default sneaking stance for video games it also makes you a smaller target etcetera. But yes a "sneak" button would be nice. Also looked into it in SA left shift is a toggle for walk/run while in mod it's labeled as "sneaking"