Sign in to follow this  
nacrom

Server hopping is cheating!!

Just got killed by this. Looted a hanger in NW airfield, was on my way out when I got shot in the back..turned around to see a guy there literally where I was facing seconds ago..

Bad times >.<

Playing with a group last night. We have a base set up. Spend hours and hours playing and manage to store a couple longs. One guy dies' date=' goes back to Electro and starts server hopping to find loot. When I tell him to just come get the long he says "I don't want anything I did't achieve myself". Talk about some crazy mad logics.

[/quote']

No.

I would like some mechanics to downplay alt+f4/server hopping.

1: When a person logs out, all the zombies that were chasing them disappear. I'd like the server to remember that number and spawn them in when the player joins a new server, and have them agro on the person when they spawn.

2: I'd like a login noise to prevent surprise deaths from behind. Make it as simple as when a player logs in, they make the loud coughing noise that you make when you're infected. Would be enough to alert people in the area that someone appeared like magic, while not super punishing people who's internet crapped out, or had to log for RL reasons.

3: When a person logs in, make no loot appear for them for 5-10 minutes. Other people in the area could trigger loot to spawn normally, but if one person's by themselves in a barn and no one's nearby, nothing would come to them when they popped in. (and I'd wave this if the person had just made a new character, so you wouldn't punish noobs joining for their first time)

Server hopping for loot is stupid. I don't like when I clear a town then someone just appears in the back of a supermarket or some other loot spawn. It's just exploiting the game.

Yeah hopping for loot or getting a better position is just outright stupid.

i am waiting for the day server hopping exploit will go away

i am looking forward to see the noobie's and kid's cry and cryyy again because of it

that will be super awesome

I accept hopping for loot just because one server can't simply have enough supplies for all the players. However I do not accept people hopping INSIDE a building to farm it on different servers since they take the stupid coin throw of whether they appear in front of some person and get shot immediately while they are still loading or they get lucky and appear behind someone and shoot them.

if hopping would not be possible servers would have enough loot for everyone playin. there are more places than elktro and cherno to loot u know? never traveled north? even in these times its been told that there are magical supermarkets with shitload of loots because no one walks up there.

and even the barracks would have stuff in them because no fuckerz hopping through realms stealing everything.

if hopping would not be possible servers would have enough loot for everyone playin. there are more places than elktro and cherno to loot u know? never traveled north? even in these times its been told that there are magical supermarkets with shitload of loots because no one walks up there.

and even the barracks would have stuff in them because no fuckerz hopping through realms stealing everything.

I disagree. For example, I don't think everyone would get a backpack if they needed to start from a scratch and find one. Unlooted markets have like one or two backpacks average in each. So about 15 people would get their backpacks from markets. The rest (assuming 50 players play) 35 players would have to find their backpacks from residential (or military) loot spots which have like a 2% chance of having a backpack per pile. On some servers I go to cherno just after its untouched and in all the high-value and medium value residential houses I find like 4 backpacks maximum, maybe less. Without server hopping on other servers for the sake of finding new loot (not to reduce the risk etc) its pretty damn hard to find a backpack.

And that was just for the backpack. Now try and get everyone a handgun to defend themselves with. Without serverhopping or fast restarts.

I don't think the idea was that survivors should be teleporting between parallel universes to collect loot.

Correct this covers it all ....