ANQ

Crafting the ghillie!

i know that alot of you guys have seen LevelCaps video on how to make a ghillie suit in real life, would't it be cool if you would have to make it like in the video? Getting the clothes, "ripping the burlap", using the net, using the glue etc etc. For those who haven't seen the video just search up "Levelcapgaming ghillie suit" im writing this on my phone so i can't link it, sorry.

Cheers, give your thoughts there ↓

I think crafting should the the only way to make a ghillie suit, and they should make them match the terrain you used to craft them -- ie if you used green foliage to craft your suit, it will be green.  This way you can match your suit to your surroundings.

• Like 4

Yes, you could colour the burlap "jigg" to your surroundings and pick different plants and foliage to attach to the suit.

Thanks for the reply, cheers

Edited by ANQ

I think it could be made, but with different parts, like pants and top.

For pants 1 burlap-sack is needed, for the top 2 sacks. Sewing kit + burlap sack = raw Ghillie-suit

And then paper-sheets+back/green spraypaint+sewing kit or leaves+ducttape/glue could be made to "glued leaves" or "painted sheets" in stacks of 5-6 pieces.

Then 1 stack + raw G.-suit = Top-ghillie or ghillie-pants

Maybe the Ghillie Suit could also degrade over time, so there's the need to "repair" it with leaves+glue, and/or black/green colour.

Also Zombie-guts, etc. could be hung(?) over the suit, so Zed's are less likely to attack and follow you.

Edited by irishroy

For pants 1 burlap-sack is needed, for the top 2 sacks. Sewing kit + burlap sack = raw Ghillie-suit

And then paper-sheets+back/green spraypaint+sewing kit or leaves+ducttape/glue could be made to "glued leaves" or "painted sheets" in stacks of 5-6 pieces.

Maybe the Ghillie Suit could also degrade over time, so there's the need to "repair" it with leaves+glue, and/or black/green colour.

Also Zombie-guts, etc. could be hung(?) over the suit, so Zed's are less likely to attack and follow you.

Did you even watch the video? Becouse thats not how you make a suit :)

But i do like the idea of seperating pants from the jacket and the hat. The zombie guts thing is a cool idea and that would be a nice edition, but i think there might be a clipping isue with the guts hanging and moving on your shoulders or where ever you deside to put them. Thanks for the reply! Edited by ANQ

I really miss the gillie suite xD

yeah good ol times! (even tho i still play the mod)

Cheers

yeah good ol times! (even tho i still play the mod)

Cheers

The old days of making bases, hospital safehouses, and church dance parties. In loving memory of... DayZ mod.

the ghilli was in the the dayz mod because the main game was a military game here ... mhhhh no  thx ^^

the ghilli was in the the dayz mod because the main game was a military game here ... mhhhh no  thx ^^

So that means civilian crafted camo of similar design won't be possible? For woods ball I took an old light cotton duster I had. It was black so I hung it on a hanger in the shower, got out the bleach and a spray bottle, and bleached it out in stripes. We were playing on warm winter days so  I didn't bother with the green dye but left it white/grey/black. Next up I found pine garland and plastic red oak(wanted something to stand up to paintballs and washing) leaves and even a few branches with wire in them you could bend into shapes. With that hanging off the coat and a branch with leaves sticking out to break up my shoulderline, and a little bit of similar overlay work on my mask I shot someone point blank in the goggles from something like 10 feet away and they had looked right at me several times. 

Break up the shape of the garment with appropriate colored stripes, add local leaves and grasses by wiring them on, and you have a functional ghilie suit. It takes a bit of prep time, but you could even do it in the field fairly well.

I think crafting should the the only way to make a ghillie suit, and they should make them match the terrain you used to craft them -- ie if you used green foliage to craft your suit, it will be green.  This way you can match your suit to your surroundings.

YES, someone else who had this idea, altering the suit on the go would be nice too, like crawling from green to brown grass and quickly changing the foliage in one part or more of the suit.

all do respect that doesn't make any sense, it's not like its hard to make one it just takes time. For me camouflage would be a way to survive unseen in the foliage, nothing else.

heres the link to the video i was talking about!  Edited by ANQ

comao sniper lol -  what ?  its an old mosin nagant  not a arctic warfare ^^

An interesting thing for some of you that may not know, Snipers in the US military make their own suits rather than buy pre-made ones. The best ones I've seen are built on flight suits. I think if the game devs add a pre-made suit, it should be very poor quality and a higher end suit needs to be crafted or stolen from someone else.

Wasn't a craftable ghillie suit already confirmed together with the weapons ghillie? If I recall you would need burlap, rope and kindling for the ghillie suit (when they eventually implement it).

this is possibly the worst rationalization I've ever seen. 

Gillie suits are used by hunters all the time, and in my opinion should be in this game as well.

Would be great, a military jacket + paint + 5 burlap sacks + rope = Ghillie Can add more green / brown / black paint to affect how the ghillie suit looks.