Inzight

zombies run way too fast

now i think its great that you should feel in danger around zombies but i dont think its fun at all to have zombies sprint at you at 30 km/h, it looks extremely wrong to see zombies run like that and it basicly makes it impossible to survive if you agro a zombie without a weapon unless you use the logout glich

the desync and weird AI of the zombies only makes it more stupid but i suppose that will be fixed. anyway, am i the only one who thinks that superfast zombies is silly?

Its alpha and rocket said he will be doing something about 100m sprinter zombies so just deal with it for now and lets see what future updates will bring us.

now i think its great that you should feel in danger around zombies but i dont think its fun at all to have zombies sprint at you at 30 km/h' date=' it looks extremely wrong to see zombies run like that and it basicly makes it impossible to survive if you agro a zombie without a weapon unless you use the logout glich

the desync and weird AI of the zombies only makes it more stupid but i suppose that will be fixed. anyway, am i the only one who thinks that superfast zombies is silly?

[/quote']

I often think they do not run fast enough. Zombies are only really a threat if they actually hit you where you can fall down and become overwhelmed by them.

A zombie train is quite easy to lose by simply running into one end of a long barn and then out the other end.

You can also lose them in trees and by running around large rocks.

Zombies can also be lost by zigzagging up very steep inclines as it forces them to walk.

Zombies can also be killed by running down steep inclines as they tend to fall over dead.

I think it my be worth trying zombies that have variable speed rates with some which can actually run faster than you. Zombies also need to be able to attack you while moving instead of having to stop and strike. I realise that the walkers/runners appear to run faster than a player but due to them having to stop to strike they in fact never overtake a player.

I think also having zombies able to run inside buildings would make it more challenging.

If zombies could attack while moving and some of them could actually run faster than you then people would be far more cautious about alerting the zombies.

Currently I check if a town is clear of players (no zombie spawns) and then I approach the town at a sprint and run around and draw a zombie train, I then lure them into a long shed and run out the other side and often I have been able to clear the town of all zombies with perhaps a couple of exceptions. It is much quicker than creeping around and the zombies don't feel as threatening.

1. Some zombies can run faster than a player.

2. Zombies can attack while moving.

3. Zombies can run in buildings.

Implement the above if possible as an experiment and see it it changes the teamplay dynamic by forcing more cooperation.

You clearly failed at game design 101. Horrible suggestions.

You clearly failed at game design 101. Horrible suggestions.

Well, zombies do need to be able to attack while running. Then the zombies can be slowed down and we don't have to deal with warping zombies anymore.

The reason zombies run so fast is because they must stop to attack as Arma 2 wasn't designed with melee combat in mind.

If the zombies were not blazing fast, they would never be a threat.

I haven't got a problem with their speed, just their crazy, impossible to hit path finding.

Blimey, if you take away the zombie challenge (speed, zig-zagging) you'd end up with a 100% pvp and you might as well rename the game "Day".