Sign in to follow this  
Xianyu

The shock status and zombies

Can zombies grant the shock status?

Me and a friend were wandering the wilderness out by devils castle. I'm pretty frigging certain there was no-one nearby.

I managed to agro some zombies, so I whip out the M1911 to kill em, when suddenly, a zombie runs up. I'm on the deck, bleeding, unconscious, down to 8000 health from 12000, and I have the SHOCK STATUS.

Can a glitch grant you the shock status? I ask because my friend had time to shoot the zombies, and then bandage me up and give me a blood transfusion...and we didn't get hit during all that time. We ran away from the spot, scanned like all hell, and didn't find a single tango.

logic dictates that if it was a player, then we both should have died. Instead...it would have to be a player who shot me once with a weapon that takes off 4000 blood a hit, and then....ran away.

So, yeah. Zombies/glitches and shock? does this happen?

As far as I have experianced, shock is determined about the amount of damage delt in a short space of time.

I've had shock from zeds if alot of them hit me at once.

I've also had shock from stairs and doors breaking my legs XD

As far as I have experianced' date=' shock is determined about the amount of damage delt in a short space of time.

[/quote']

Indeed? The zombie must have glitch-hit me then.

I was under the impression that the shock status was there specifically to try and combat server-hoppers, and that you got it ONLY by being shot at by another survivor.

I've had shock status on 12k blood, after falling down a stair with no damage.

I've had shock status on 12k blood' date=' after falling down a stair with no damage.

[/quote']

That's quite true. I've had shock trigger but not received any damage. Usually from crashing a car at high speed or getting attacked by the map itself! :p

Shock is one of those things that I hate the most. I am always told games should not take away 100% of control from the player. I think this needs to be addressed. Maybe it is bugged and that's why sometimes you die in one hit but still some other mechanic for this would be better.

If you and your friend were too close he may have accidentally knocked you unconscious. It's happened with my friends plenty: we're proning around with no players in sight and all of a sudden one of us has a broken leg, loses large amounts of blood, begins bleeding out, and is laying unconscious.

You get the shock debuff from taking damage from a player or the environment which includes many bugs involving your body clipping weirdly with other objects.

As far as I have experianced' date=' shock is determined about the amount of damage delt in a short space of time.

[/quote']

Indeed? The zombie must have glitch-hit me then.

I was under the impression that the shock status was there specifically to try and combat server-hoppers, and that you got it ONLY by being shot at by another survivor.

Rocket has stated earlier, that zombie strength is all random. You can get hit ONCE by the most RANDOM zombie, and you will both break a leg, go unconscious, lose 5000 blood and bleed... (Or could this be classed as a 'critical hit' later on?)

Sometimes it's just game over, no matter how well equipped and prepared you are.

If you were slightly desynced from the server, the zombie's actual location and visual location will not match. That is why your buddy had a hard time shooting them, and you got hit, seemingly, by nothing. It happens to me semiregularly while hatcheting zeds.