Sign in to follow this  
Naykon (DayZ)

Chambering rounds

Are there any plans to be able to chamber rounds by hitting 'R' instead of having to manually go into the menu>right click>chamber round?

(for example when you don't have a pistol magazine and you're being repeatedly punched in the face....)

Thanks

Edited by Naykon

Are there any plans to be able to chamber rounds by hitting 'R' instead of having to manually go into the menus manually..... when you don't have a magazine for example?

The point of having to chamber a bullet from your inventory, rather than hitting "r" is to enhance realism, maybe it's to make it longer and to build more tension rather than having to just hit "r", and having the game do it for you!

Anyway, that's my opinion...

• Like 1

The point of having to chamber a bullet from your inventory, rather than hitting "r" is to enhance realism, maybe it's to make it longer and to build more tension rather than having to just hit "r", and having the game do it for you!

Anyway, that's my opinion...

I can appreciate it should take longer than switching mags, but I would still prefer to hit 'R' and see a slightly longer reload animation...

I can appreciate it should take longer than switching mags, but I would still prefer to hit 'R' and see a slightly longer reload animation...

Yeah actually, that sounds good!

They mentioned it not long ago, perhaps a month or so back. Not going to search through the entire Reddit feeds of Rocket/Hicks for two months. But, they mentioned that they're looking into changing it.

I suspect they'll do as you say, in having R chamber a single round in the absence of a magazine.