Sign in to follow this  
supermarco

Character mouvement

Hi guys,

I was wondering if the mouvement animation will be rework in the future ? The more I play and the more I had a weird feeling about the game and I figured out that was coming from the animation mouvement of my character...

I don't know for you, but I really feel that the mouvement animation are unnatural and not very fluid, I almost feel being a robot sometimes. And I can feel it more when I change position such as crouch to stand up etc.. I think the worst is when we do the gesture, are we oblige to stop to raise our hand ? ^^

Do you have the same feeling ? or I'm just a whiner :(

• Like 1

In .47 experimental it gets even worse..

• Like 4

yeah sometimes when i go crouch while walking and then stop walking, my character keeps walking for 5 meters

I don't know if it's specific to the Arma engin, but I think the mouvement should use more the ragdoll system maybe since they manage to implement it ? (in the future)

Rag doll is already implemented. 

.47.012453 melee is very bad atm, walk axing and lots of clicking to get guns up and down and while trying to retain some semblance of decent human movement. I think my char is an 80 year old guy at the moment with massive arthritis attacks. Hopefully it is just testing :)

Rag doll is already implemented. 

btw , the ragdoll sistem in experimental is only in the zeds (maybe animals too) and in players ONLY when they die , cuz knocout and otheranimations still the same btw

.47.012453 melee is very bad atm, walk axing and lots of clicking to get guns up and down and while trying to retain some semblance of decent human movement. I think my char is an 80 year old guy at the moment with massive arthritis attacks. Hopefully it is just testing :)

It better be, I won't play if they keep it in.

btw , the ragdoll sistem in experimental is only in the zeds (maybe animals too) and in players ONLY when they die , cuz knocout and otheranimations still the same btw

I'm aware of this. I was just saying that there is a rag doll system already implemented. Who knows if they plan on adding more player rag doll?

the only thing i dislike about movement atm is how i stop running after i walk down door steps

• Like 1

In .47 experimental it gets even worse..

It feels better.

It feels like less of a twitch shooter.

a566k.jpg

All thats left is to add some melee animations and and a little gun sway.

I've read somewhere a comment from Rocket about it, that was saying it wasn't possible because it was too specific to arma ?

But that could be awesome!

The frame isn't the same. DayZ model frames don't line up with ARMA III model frames, ergo you can't use the same animations. 

• Like 1

I've read somewhere a comment from Rocket about it, that was saying it wasn't possible because it was too specific to arma ?

But that could be awesome!

The reason is because the players in dayz are not soldiers they are just civilians.

There has been alot of confusion on the subject in the past so its kinda nice that a dev clarrified this the other day.

00066cc23d.png

I wouldn't mind civilian inspired stances similar to arma 3 but not as many different variations.

• Like 1

It feels better.

It feels like less of a twitch shooter.

You can no longer run with your weapon up unless you double tap W as if you were sprinting.

Again, it makes no sense to force the player to walk when they go into crouch position while still leaving the ability to jog. We have walk/jog key for that. So if you set it to jog, you should jog while standing AND while crouching. If you set it to walk, you should walk while standing AND while crouching. Going into sprint mode while in crouch position should automatically make you stand up and sprint because otherwise it just forces unnecessary additional button presses and doesn't make sense when compared to reality. Nothing to do with being or not being trained, anyone can jog while crouching or break into standing sprint from crouch position.

Same would go to weapons. The walk/run setting should apply to both standing and crouching positions to avoid unnecessary button presses to achieve something that's available to players anyway.

Regarding slow movement with a melee weapon raised, I found an easy workaround: keep the weapon lowered until you're ready to swing → raise the weapon, swing, lower the weapon → repeat.

You can no longer run with your weapon up unless you double tap W as if you were sprinting.

I like it feels good.

Protip: Rebind your 2xforward to your ctrl key, it does wonders.  All you need to do is hold it and not double tap it  

Protip: Rebind your 2xforward to your ctrl key, it does wonders.  All you need to do is hold it and not double tap it  

ctrl is my PTT for TS. :/

I like it feels good.

I suppose it may for some people, I just can't get used to it.

ctrl is my PTT for TS. :/

Rebind it to any key.  You'll never have to double tap in order to run.  Shift just makes you walk and you can do that with right clicking, use your shift key then or rebind your PTT

• Like 1

Rebind it to any key.  You'll never have to double tap in order to run.  Shift just makes you walk and you can do that with right clicking, use your shift key then or rebind your PTT

Thanks for the tips. :P

I've been using shift for sprinting since the day I started playing DayZ and the changes introduced in 0.47 are still annoying as shit due to being forced to waste precious time by having to press additional buttons to achieve the same that was available before, plus the limitation of crouch to sprint which makes no sense whatsoever.

I use the arrow keys for movement, never been comfortable with the whole wasd thing since forever. rightctrl is crouch and rightshift is run, never been comfortable with having to double tap keys for anything either :) Main issue with the latest version of movement is the constant sudden stop when you are doing things. Seems clunkier than ever, almost robotic.