badclown

Sniper Wars - the Lulz

Actually' date=' i would like to know how the game changes with the removal of the m107/as 50 and maybe the DMR, cz can stay. The l85 also, or add the l85A2 without the thermal.

It is an experiment after :)

[/quote']

I think that would be worth trying.

In regards to the thermal it could be ultra rare with a limited battery life.

At the moment I am sure many groups of players dupe the thermal equipment and then the game is simply a turkey shoot.

Corpse duping has allowed groups of players to equip an entire squad with all the top gear and any solo players or groups who do not dupe do not really stand a chance.

its hard to say how many players have cheated to get their ultra rare stuff. but when I read other topics in this forum.. and think about how many NVGs and sniper rifles I found in 100h playtime Id say cheating.. (and I count server hopping for loot as cheat as well) is pretty popular.

I don't know man. I've been playing since before 1.7.1 and I've NEVER been killed by a sniper. Granted, I don't go to Stary (I did once, by accident while driving a UAZ. I died from a glitch zombie) or NEAF/NWAF, but I've also never felt like my lack of uber rare military gear was a problem. Just don't be a dumbass.

yeah well.. my last 3 deaths happened because of snipers. thats what they obviously do.. server hopping or duping till they have sniper rifles with nvg or thermal and then they camp. man.. this must be fun, sitting there for hours and hours till they can one shot a player.

People like the OP, who don't realize that most bushes are subject to foliage draw distance fade, make me lol. Might as well be laying out in the open since to most snipers scoping you from several hundred meters the grass and bushes don't show up to conceal you. Indeed proning while fearing a sniper's bullet only ensures you are giving them a slower moving target to hit.

Trees FTW...

Too lazy to learn how to play well? Then GTFO and good riddance you helpless fool.

"you are without military grade gear and are getting killed by people who have military grade gear"

do you find the flaw in your logic ? I was there to obtain said military grade gear.. but guess what I cant get it. I played for 4 weeks.. I never found any of that magical gear' date=' because I dont hack or server hop.

[/quote']

+1

I don't care about your other points, but this is just the truth.

Played for about 4 weeks now (came all over the map), found 6 heli crash sites, looted the airfield, devils, etc. and the best weapon i found was ONE M24 (which i unluckily couldn't even shoot once since i got killed, NEVER had another sniper, nor any other scope weapon, in my world the best weapon that exists is an akm, but at least this one is really easy to find).

I have no idea what i am doing wrong, but all those high gear people, i don't know, too much griefing and Scriptkiddying going on.

I've found a gps, a dmr, 3 ak74's, 1 ak74 kobra, 2 akm's, an m16a2, an mp5, and a silenced mp5(:D) in one week of owning the game, and without server hopping or ever visiting any airfield but Balotta. The furthest north I've ever gone was to Mcta. (Deer stands are amazing, btw.)

You don't need to go into the biggest pvp hotzones in the game in order to gear up. If you're going into the biggest pvp hotzones, then don't be surprised when you die.

I need about 30 minutes to get my standard equipment: akm, M1911, survival stuff.. thats no problem, the very best items I found in 4 fucking weeks are:

1 M24.. lost it 20mins laters didnt even shoot once

1 GPS.. had that 2 days

1 camo suit

thats it.. nothing else, Aks or M16 variants are easy to find.. but Im talking about the thermo scope rifles, the NVGs, the 50 Cal, DMR, M24 and ghillie suit.

I checked NW airfield about 10 times, NE airfield 5 times, balota 20 times, devils castle 10 times, berezino 10 times.. and nothing.. just crap.. and you are telling me to get good gear ? yeah.. send me a link where I can download your cheat !

I've had an m24, 2 107's and an as50 in the past 2 weeks. I've never cheated on any game I've played and wouldn't know how to dupe things. All these have come from players I've killed or downed helicopters. The barracks at nwaf and berezino have been awful! empty cans and makarov ammo at best!

In about 150-200 hours of play seen like 7 m14 (my favorite non sniper weapon so far) 1 dmr, 1 m24, 1 m4 sd, 1 m9 sd, tons of ak variants, a handful of m16s, 2 gps, 4 or 5 Ghillie suits, 1 m249, 3 bizon sd, 2 fn fal, 1 fn fal anpv, and 1 cz 550. Finally yesterday I found an l85a2 and an as50 at the same crash site.

I still haven't even seen svd, nvg or a rangefinder.

Using just my opinion and experience, I think the loot tables are good and well balanced. Without duping and/or farming stuff all day, and without emptying out areas to try and force more loot to spawn, the things that are rare, seem pretty damn rare to me.

Back to the topic, I love sniping, and just finding some of these rifles is reward enough. But that feeling, of waiting motionless for an hour, then seeing a groups of 3 or 4 guys sneaking into your crosshairs. Probably the biggest adrenaline rush I've ever gotten in a game.

I can't imagine taking them out, does it stack the odds in favor of people who find them, yeah, but that adds even more challenge and a higher level of gameplay. And yeah some people exploit the game to dupe them or find them faster, but I say they are the ones missing out, and will be the first people to get bored and move on, leaving this game for those who enjoy it as it is intended.

I need about 30 minutes to get my standard equipment: akm' date=' M1911, survival stuff.. thats no problem, the very best items I found in 4 fucking weeks are:

1 M24.. lost it 20mins laters didnt even shoot once

1 GPS.. had that 2 days

1 camo suit

thats it.. nothing else, Aks or M16 variants are easy to find.. but Im talking about the thermo scope rifles, the NVGs, the 50 Cal, DMR, M24 and ghillie suit.

I checked NW airfield about 10 times, NE airfield 5 times, balota 20 times, devils castle 10 times, berezino 10 times.. and nothing.. just crap.. and you are telling me to get good gear ? yeah.. send me a link where I can download your cheat !

[/quote']

Not finding a dmr if you've hit that many places is just bad luck. Try hitting up more deer stands. (safer and still have a dmr chance)

If you want a gillie suit, don't go looting military, loot residential. gillie's only spawn in residential and heli crashes. According to your super airfield focus, you have been mainly looting general military and barracks, so you have 0 chance of finding a gillie. (for the record, I've found 2 gillie suits and a camo suit in my one week of playing legit, because I know how to use a wiki)

If you want the super high end gear (thermo scopes/nvg's/as50's) then you need to hunt down crashed helicopters, not just hitting up airfields. (some of that gear is crashed heli only, and some is crashed heli and barracks)

Maybe instead of complaining on the forums and accusing others of cheating you should take 5 minutes to look on the wiki?

Nah, you should probably just keep whining on the forums, I'm sure that'll fix all your problems.

P.S.

Castles are overrated.

12 loot spawns with 40% loot chance

If you hit the apartments on the north west end of cherno, you can get a total of:

62 loot spawns with 40% loot chance

and castles and residential use the same spawn tables.

take 5 minutes to look on the wiki

This.

The wiki would answer about 90% of questions I see on here.

take 5 minutes to look on the wiki

This.

The wiki would answer about 90% of questions I see on here.

Unluckily this is bullshit.

I am the guy that has only found one sniper m24 in ~ 3 weeks now

I play the game from the beginning on using maps, wikies and the forum. I am a fuckin experienced gamer, so i know about all this (although, to be honest, e.g. having a map from the beginning on takes away much of the overwhelming starting gamin experience).

Looting the residential area at the western Cherno hospital?

You are one funny guy. Did it about 10 times yet. 10 times ONLY crap. It takes me about 30 minutes to get the starting gear, too (alice, 1911, akm or s.th., but thats it, nothing more than a compass (just helpful, not necessary)), and then i play until i die, change weapons on the same lvl.

tl;dr

The quote is comple bullshit. Every nice loot is just about EXTREME luck. Some have it, some not.

i've been playing a good while and NEVER even seen a sniper rifle (been shot by a few).

The people that have them or at least 70% of them are loot jumpers, jumping from server to server until they get what they want..

NVG..no problem

Sniper rifle...no problem

Biggest backpack...no problem

Just jump around until you get it, then get a tent and dupe it for your mates!!!

FUCKING FAIL!!!

No talent cock-sucks!

I dont have a problem with hardcore.. difficult is fine' date=' it motivates me. What doesnt motivate me is when I die without having any chance to fight back or when I didnt make any mistakes. (There are the bugs.. ok, this is an alpha.)

Stary Sobor.. Im prone, checking the hills for snipers.. I crawl around.. YOURE DEAD!

NE Airfield.. Im watching the damn airfield for 10 minutes, no movement no zombie spawn. I move from one bush to another.. YOURE DEAD!

NW airfield.. its night, again Im checking the sw bushes for snipers.. Im sitting in a bush myself in fucking DARKNESS.. YOURE DEAD!

no idea if those were snipers or hacking snipers or guys with thermo googles and NV stuff.. playing like this is completely pointless, no fun at all and a waste of time.

shootouts with assault rifles, pistols are fun.. REMOVE sniper rifles and NV thermo optics.

till then Ill play something different.

[/quote']

hey noob the only fucking thermal gun is the L85. Its excellent for spotting people at night but not very effective for long range.

If it makes you feel better op, i dropped down from about 3 ft on a rock, died instantly, with broken bones. I was like np, ill respawn and get my stuff, my wingman looked for my body it slid 3 feet into the water. He couldnt reach it.

I had a m4 cco sd, gillie, nvg, full tools, and an alice pack full of everything you could need. All gone. That was after 20 kills, dozens of zombie kills, multiple firefights. So I did what any survivor should do, i raided a few barns, moved on to supermarkets in berezino, and then hit the north east airfield, and got a nice shiny ak cobra :) Game on.

I dont have a problem with hardcore.. difficult is fine' date=' it motivates me. What doesnt motivate me is when I die without having any chance to fight back or when I didnt make any mistakes.

[/quote']

So u would prefer the sniper to challenge u to a honorable duel(with hatchets?), the whole point of camping and sniping is u not being able to fight back, tbh 90% of kills in this game come from 1 person getting a drop on another guy, u dont really see many musketiers forming a line and firing on command in Day z. The 10% of fairly even engagements is when ppl accidentaly stumble upon each other.

If ur dead a lot than dont kid ur self u are making mistakes.

Approcha from a way that gives u cover the whole time, if u cant find such a way, dont run in! simply dont approach at all.

Dont play alone - no transfusions, no cover while looting, noone to avange u, only one pair of eyes. Also some locations like stary are simply too dangerous to loot alone.

Avoid straight paths frequented by others, stick to the forest.

Any time ur near civilization(and for good measure also in forests nearby towns/that are on straight paths between key points on the map) assume that there is always somone nearby and act accordingly, dont aggro zombies, if u aggro zombies in a town try deaggroing or move out of the town with them far enough so that the shots wont be heard and then kill them(although u should have to do that ever now that zombies just deaggro).

PPl can survive in this game for long, im on day 24 now and the few deaths that i had are mostly because of bugs, or just being careless:P The actual situation where u do everything right and getting killed like u runnig through some deep forest and getting killed by a guy that was just sitting down in a bush are extreamly rare, and havent happen to me a single time...

Bye, see you NEVER again. (I hope you have a good time finding a new game, I know you will come back since you won't resist this amazing game).

till then Ill play something different.

Is this what your looking for?

i've been playing a good while and NEVER even seen a sniper rifle (been shot by a few).

The people that have them or at least 70% of them are loot jumpers' date=' jumping from server to server until they get what they want..

NVG..no problem

Sniper rifle...no problem

Biggest backpack...no problem

Just jump around until you get it, then get a tent and dupe it for your mates!!!

FUCKING FAIL!!!

No talent cock-sucks!

[/quote']

i tried this jumping around and it seems like a crap shoot. most time you login there is just junk gear or ak/m16 variants and shotguns in the barracks

Don't move around too much' date=' unless you need to move quickly, then stand up and haul butt.

DO NOT CROUCH WALK OR CRAWL! Snipers have no problem hitting slow targets, and when you move you reveal your location VERY easily. I've spotted people just from a backpack waving on a hill. I never seen the person, but I fired just below the waving pack and scored a kill.

Also, Ghillie Suit. Chances are you won't see these guys, even my friends can't see each other. Funny as hell listening to two people try to find each other when they were just following one another.

"Where are you?"

"I don't know, where are you?"

"Throw a chemlight..."

[Chemlight hits ground']

"Oh, you're the bush I was hiding behind."

Oh god that made me laugh so much! :D

You do realize there are like 50 other towns to check out not to mention the random barn and deer stand here and there. I really love it when people complain they die at grand central station because they are in such a hurry to get the "best" gear. Go try and ransack a real military base with just a revolver all by yourself and let me know if you see the shooter. I NEVER go to those locations alone. Even with a good group we still have decent gear to stay alive or at least GTFO if things get too heated for us. We may lose a man or two but we still get what we need and some LOLZ for the campfire.

This game is brutal, no doubt. There isn't anything stopping you from running into a group of fully kitted players who have experience with milsims and have tactical capabilities. There is no "balance" per say which guarantees everyone will have an equal opportunity to come out on top (for me, this is a plus to the game because when you achieve something you've really earned it).

I think asking for sniper weapons to be removed is pretty extreme. I would say that some of the vision stuff like NVGs and Thermal are a little over-the-top, mainly because it does not seem to represent actual thermal and NVG vision. I've read comments from people on these forums saying that it isn't quite as easy to spot things in real life with this kind of equipment. But of course, it is always gonna be an argument between the haves and the have-nots - if you manage to get NVGs and thermal vision and ghillie suits, you will do all the hollering you can in the forums to ensure that they don't get "nerfed" or removed from the game.

military snipers should be removed. they're just ridiculously OP - instead of letting bandits camp popular spots and taking potshots at players, make them actually work for their kills.