Sign in to follow this  
tribaste

Icehockey/Floorball stick bags for storing another primary weapon

O'hai!

Title pretty much says it all;

It would be extremely cool to have an "unique" sportslike backpack, which allows you to carry 2 rifles and being able to run at fullspeed at the same time.

To not make it "overpowered", the backpack would have some serious limitations, such as bad camo, backpack sticking out of bushes and under trees when laying proned etc.

It would also make sense to have just around 6-10 slots after storing a primary weapon, or around 30 slots without the other weapon.

I was thinking of something like floorball/icehockey/others sports stickbag, such as in this picture; http://i.imgur.com/otZriJ5.jpg

To me it makes alot sense to find this kinda backpacks in mid- and big sized residential areas.

Pros and cons copypasted from my reddit-thread;

Pros:

+ Ability to have 2 primary weapons (duh)

+ You can run with fullspeed even when having 2 primary weapons

Cons:

- Due to the height of the back, you are more visible in bushes as the backpack sticks out

- Less inventoryslots than normal backpacks

- Bad camo

Discuss about this idea here AND/OR on reddit;

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/29zcw1/suggestion_icehockeyfloorball_stick_bags_for/

Apologies if I did something wrong by posting this here, couldnt find anything related to this idea by using search-option.

Also sorry for possible grammar errors, since english isnt my primary language.

i support the idea, not out of necessity but diversity. i am against a dedicated backpack though. rather, make it a crafting recipe:

rope + <any backpack> = backpack with gunsling -> crafting allows shouldering of a second rifle, removes set amount of slots from the backpack.

thus you could modifiy any backpack to attach another rifle and have it appropriately balanced by removing a sufficient amount of inventory slots. and we wouldnt need new backpack model.

Edited by e47

i support the idea, not out of necessity but diversity. i am against a dedicated backpack though. rather, make it a crafting recipe

That is a nice thought aswell, but the reason I like my idea is that it also has its downsides, like I said; bad camo, less inventory slots etc.

A normal backpack with an ability to carry 2 primaries sounds a bit overkill to me.

That is a nice thought aswell, but the reason I like my idea is that it also has its downsides, like I said; bad camo, less inventory slots etc.

A normal backpack with an ability to carry 2 primaries sounds a bit overkill to me.

balancing downsides is still possible. as stated, the crafting itself can change the amount of slots available. you could as well adjust the time it takes to open it. that can be all tuned independently of the backpack model as part of the crafting process.

i understand your approach though, and i dont think its not a good one. i just think mine is better :P - that said, i see one significant difference between our ideas: by limiting spawn rates of such a specialized backpack you could seriously limit its availability, while my idea would offer the choice of sacrificing inventory space for a gun sling to everyone. whats better/preferable is quite probably depending on personal preference.