FLIBZ

Will I be able to run the game? (specs)

I am buying a new laptop today and I found an MSI with these specs 

GeForce GTX850M 2GB,Core i7-4710HQ,8GB RAM,1000GB HDD,DVD±RW,Win 8.1

Do you think I will run the game smooth? If so, at what settings?

Dont tell me I should rather buy a desktop since the reason I am buying a laptop is that I am going to use it for school and gaming which makes me in a need of something easy portable.

I've got:

AMD Athlon dual core 3.10GHz

6GB RAM

and GeForce GTX 260

Win 7

And I run it with 20-40 FPS with some hiccups..

However to do this I had to drop resolution to 640x480 (lol I know) turn off everything from Rendering and Quality and tinker a little with .cfg files.

So you should be fine.

I've got:

AMD Athlon dual core 3.10GHz

6GB RAM

and GeForce GTX 260

Win 7

And I run it with 20-40 FPS with some hiccups..

However to do this I had to drop resolution to 640x480 (lol I know) turn off everything from Rendering and Quality and tinker a little with .cfg files.

So you should be fine.

What settings do you think I could run in a smooth fps? I won't use time on a game if I can only run it on low settings :p 

Do you absolutely need to have a laptop?

Do you absolutely need to have a laptop?

Well yeah haha, I could take a desktop with me to school everyday but.. no thank you hah :)

Well yeah haha, I could take a desktop with me to school everyday but.. no thank you hah :)

It will just about run on that laptop but it won't be particularly pretty. Low-med settings with dodgy frame rates in places at best. You'd get more for your money via splitting your budget and buying a cheap laptop for school and building a proper desktop for gaming.

If you have any more questions please use the designated "Can I Run DayZ?" topic, which you can find here...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154395-can-i-run-dayz-retail-post-here/

• Like 1