Sign in to follow this  
bradydupuis123

Game is not working properlyat all

I have a hp pavilion g6, and when I launch my game it lags pretty bad, doesnt let me use the mouse and the game graphics look really bad compared to my other games. What should I do?

Edited by bradydupuis123

Turn off everything in Rendering in Video settings, turn off clouds and shadows, lower textures detail to very low.

Just a stab at it - I think your PC issues may run deeper than DayZ. Does your mouse act normally UNLESS you're playing DayZ, with no exceptions?

Turn off everything in Rendering in Video settings, turn off clouds and shadows, lower textures detail to very low.

you do realise what your suggesting, within dayz, offloads even more of the games proccesses onto the CPU as opposed to the GPU, which will inevitably mean worse performance. i thought most people knew about this information. i have the graphics all on high and i get better performance than if i lower the settings right down. its the internet connection and also the server performance thats really affecting most peoples experience in all honesty

you do realise what your suggesting, within dayz, offloads even more of the games proccesses onto the CPU as opposed to the GPU, which will inevitably mean worse performance. i thought most people knew about this information. i have the graphics all on high and i get better performance than if i lower the settings right down. its the internet connection and also the server performance thats really affecting most peoples experience in all honesty

That just may be crazy enough to potato.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/28160-guide-how-to-set-up-your-graphics-properly/

although this is for the mod, the engine works in so many simalarities (for now) that the principle of cpu usage if lowering settings too much is still relevant. definitely worth checking out^^^

Balancing between CPU and GPU

Any setting lower than high will use your CPU instead of GPU (graphicscard) and this can be very useful if you don't have a powerful GPU. Sometimes, setting values to high can actually improve fps since a GPU is alot faster on some types of calculations compared to a CPU.

Hmmm seems like setting textures on very low or high don't have any effect at all on the FPS. For me at least.